Thread: FS: 1969 Porsche 911 GT Race Car with 3.4L Race Engine:

FS: 1969 Porsche 911 GT Race Car with 3.4L Race Engine:

Fully developed and sorted 1969 911 GT race car with fresh 3.4L racing engine. Currently set up for PCA and Porsche Racing Club GT3 class. Current engine, suspension design and set up by Mat Lowrance of Reno Rennsport. PCA and NASA logbooks. Dry weight of 19xx pounds (with oil). Fresh and unpainted 993 widebody fiberglass bodywork.

Dual axle open trailer with large front mounted tire rack, fuel jug storage and lockable tool box.

Spares and supplies include fuel transport bottles, funnel, et cetera. A turnkey racing package. $125K + to duplicate, asking $39K OBRO

Located in San Francisco Bay Area. Additional Photos can be seen here: https://postimg.org/gallery/lq2gq380/

Chassis:

Developed in stages from a 1969 911T. California titled and never crashed.

Custom roll cage connects to front and rear pickup points. Stock rear seats and crossmember have been removed and replaced with a custom suspension support structure (improved geometry) and removable cover panels.

Interior is stripped of all insulation/soundproofing.

Fuel Safe fuel cell.

Body:

Fresh and unpainted Getty Design 993 widebody-style fiberglass hood, fenders, decklid, quarter panels, roof, and bumpers. Easy to paint, cover with a vinyl wrap or change to a different body style. All bodywork attached with Dzus fasteners for access.

Getty Design front splitter for improved downforce.

Custom aluminum rocker extensions for improved aerodynamics.

Getty Design 70 inch "Predator" rear wing.

Hood is vented for oil cooling and increased front downforce.

Custom lightweight door latch mechanisms.

Lexan (polycarbonate) windshield, removable rear window, rear quarter windows and door windows (for open trailer transport; easily removable).

Suspension:

Front suspension includes custom-valved Bilstein RSR-style struts with raised pickup points, monoballs and coilover springs. Front through-body racing sway bar with adjustable drop links.

Rear suspension features Porsche aluminum trailing arms, custom-valved Bilstein RSR-style rear shocks mounted upside down. Shocks are attached to a custom crossmember structure which is tied into the cage for improved stiffness and geometry.

Custom rear spring plates ("935-style"). Rear pickup points raised from stock location for improved suspension geometry and handling.

Wheels, Tires and Brakes:

Two sets of brand new Kodiak racing wheels. Front 11 x 16 and rear 13 x 16. Car is currently set up to run bias ply slicks (10-12 x 16 front and 12-14 x 16 rear).

Brake system features 4-piston Porsche/Brembo calipers (front 930 and rear 944 Turbo). Adjustable front/rear bias control in cockpit. Stainless braided brake lines.

Engine and Drivetrain:

3.4L racing engine with Haltech electronic fuel injection (EFI) and single plug MSD ignition. Engine is fresh with about 1-2 hours of tuning only. Individual throttle bodies, Mahle 98 mm pistons. Approximately 330-340 bhp.

Custom oil plumbing with dual front-mounted oil coolers.

915 transmission with customized ratios. WEVO short throw shifter. Fresh CV joints.

Electrical System:

Custom wiring throughout with provisions for Cool Shirt system. Fuel pressure gauge. New lightweight battery. Custom dash board with toggle switches.

Misc.:

Momo steering wheel and racing seat. Cool Shirt system.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    What exactly do you mean by "fully developed"?

Read the spec sheet!

Banned
    I did

and I looked at the photos.

And I'm still trying to figure out what makes it "fully developed".

Why does this car have both a CD box and and MSD box?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Is that a 'Chumpcar' racing car ?

Gee, not the friendliest crowd that I have run into in the Porsche world..."Welcome to the forum (not)".

The car had a CD box when the photos were taken. The CD has been replaced with MSD since as the spec sheet indicates.

Hi Neil
    I am local to you. Used to race the yellow and purple car out of SCarGo
    I know Mat and have raced with him. He has built some fast cars but fully developed to me means the chassis is sorted and ready to race .Maybe some race history on the car would help . You said it has a NASA and PCA log books so some race results and lap times to go with your description may fill in some blanks .

935 Owners Registry #02
    1969 911S, 1970 Euro 914-6
    935 1978
    Copeman Porsche 911 IMSA GTO
    1981 924 Carrera GT

Banned
    Great advice Van.

It was definitely the hyperbole that stuck in my craw. Proof is always in the pudding.

One can have the most amazing race car on the planet but if it isn't sorted and proven by a pro, how would you know that it was "fully developed"?

Hi Van, long time! I have sent you a PM.

Neil