So most all 911 cars got a light coat of SKS undercoat under the front hood on the flat part inside the frame. I am about to paint a Signal Orange 911S and was about to undercoat the front hood as most all my cars in the past have usually had but then I looked at another 1 owner 70 911S I have and it has zero undercoat on the underside. The one owner car I have has been repainted in the past, I suppose it could be possible that the undercoat was removed but find it unlikely as there is zero trace of undercoat even under the frame of the hood. I know of a couple 911RS cars that had no undercoat under the hood.

This would kind of make sense in order to keep the weight lower. Not a big weight savings but they went to the effort to put aluminum decklids on the 70S cars and my 1 owner car has one of those.

Can anyone with a 1970 911S with the original front hood let me know whats on the underside of their hood? - an original paint car would be great to know about - maybe someone has a picture of the 700 mile silver 70S front hood underside?

I think Ts and Es got it so I am looking from feedback on S cars only.