Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil Return Tube Screens

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147

Oil Return Tube Screens

Does anyone make or sell screens for the oil return tubes. Had a little over rev and spit off a lash cap. Im interested in keeping valve train parts out of the crankcase. Gordon
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    Timely idea. And one I would have scoffed at until 3 weeks ago.

Last month at Watkins Glen I broke a valve spring and a piece of it wormed its way in between the IMS gears. Needless to say it made a terrific mess.

I was going to fab some but if someone already makes them...

I went to Pererson fluid systems and going to start there. http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/filter_scav.html. Scavenger filter screens, don't know yet if will pan out as I don't want to restrict return oil flow with too small of screen. G.Led

Banned
    My experiment.
    We'll inspect them after every event until I'm convinced they need to go into all of our race motors. Probably overkill but that broken valve spring cost me a motor and made me a spectator... nothing worse.

First test: CotA in 2 weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Excellent solution!

Are those your own trick rockers Frank?

Please report your findings. My engine is going on the dyno, so when I service it after the run, I'll install something. No hurry for me. Gordon

A solid rocker at 89 gr was always a good way to reduce valve train weight, except for the complexity of the system. Looks like there is a new Sheriff in town. G

It may be interesting to re-manufacture the crankcase screens used in the 901/01 end early engines but we have made a few part to try to improve valve train reliability of high revving engines.

We have been making forged rockers for about 4 years now. They are patterned on the early 65/66 forged rocker but we have made them from 300M-VAR Steel heat treated double tempered, superfinished and plasma nitrided.

This is the rocker after super-finishing but before surface treatment.

And after

We made them for FIA engines to avoid issues with 'billet' machined parts and to provide improved fatigue life.

The have a standard Glyco bush and the 'heel' length has been extended to the same length as the 906/RSR Solid Rocker so they don't suffer problems with high lift cams.

We also make a matching surface treated rocker shaft which is similar to the RSR 'Motorsport' Shaft which is also NLA.

We have Titanium Carbide Coated Valve Spring Retainers

Vernier Adjustable Cam Sprockets with Titanium Hubs, Cam Nuts and Hard Anodised Aluminium (7075-T6) Sprockets.

We are currently making a 'lightened' swivel foot adjuster from an H13 Tool Steel and they should be complete in 3-4 weeks

The dies are also being sunk to re-manufacture the 906 Rocker which we hope to have ready along with lash caps in early 2017

We will have cams, valve springs and hopefully pistons and cylinders by Spring.