Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware.... Vin #9110121135 floating out there

Beware.... Vin #9110121135 floating out there

There's a Vin for sale on TheSamba. Of course if someone is going to put this in a frame and on their wall there's nothing wrong but my guess is that for $500, it's not going to be a piece of wall art.

Name:  7079469.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  27.8 KB
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Quote Originally Posted by jos.hall View Post
    There's a Vin for sale on TheSamba. Of course if someone is going to put this in a frame and on their wall there's nothing wrong but my guess is that for $500, it's not going to be a piece of wall art.

Name:  7079469.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  27.8 KB
    Every time we have an open house someone walks up to the "Wall of Dead Cars" and tries to buy one. "There are Speedsters up there!" They say.

I say, "Nope, that's wall art, and not for sale."
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

That's one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. Very cool idea. I understand people want to get vehicles on the road but there are legal ways, shady ways, and flat out crooked ways. I just thought at least the vin should be up on here incase it comes up again in about a year or so.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Quote Originally Posted by jos.hall View Post
    That's one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. Very cool idea. I understand people want to get vehicles on the road but there are legal ways, shady ways, and flat out crooked ways. I just thought at least the vin should be up on here incase it comes up again in about a year or so.
    My favorite was the guy who was restoring a Carrera Speedster, he started asking about it's history. He posted the VIN. A guy in Sweden said I don't know what you have, but here is the car, imported in the 80s. Turns out the guy had the alloy doors and was trying to build a car around them. I hope the doors were re-united with the car.

--Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!

How about having two S's in for repair that had the same chassis numbers
    early S registry # 2596

Quote Originally Posted by graemel View Post
    How about having two S's in for repair that had the same chassis numbers
    I call those Spartacus cars, remember that last scene in Spartacus, the Romans have won the battle with the Gladiators, they offer them all their lives if they give up Spartacus. Kirk Douglas starts to stand up, but before he can Anotninis (Tony Curtis) does and declares, "I am Spartacus!" Then another guy does the same thing, and on and on. Just insert 911S or Speedster in place of Spartacus.

In case you haven't seen the movie, all the Gladiators are crucified.

---Adam

The more valuable a car gets the more likelihood for ghost cars to pop up. It has already happened in Japan and elsewhere. Someone bought 2 cars and sent them home to Germany Ghosted it into the more valuable P car and sold it 2 Japan. Shame Shame. My buddy Hardy ended up with the one in Germany and after all of the hoopla it turned out that he got the real one of the two same sames That is why I am not a fan of the whole body repros. My good friend sits on the AC Cobra council and he says that cars are created from Vin numbers all of the time. Big $$$ and easily repopped parts make it the unscrupulous guys paradise.
    #number 580 of only 200 built

I am so happy that this site keeps a registry and so many of its members track the status of cars Like the posting of the vin plate above. It goes leaps and bounds twards keeping the sport safe from the ever increase con man

Love the wall art, Adam...
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    Every time we have an open house someone walks up to the "Wall of Dead Cars" and tries to buy one. "There are Speedsters up there!" They say.

I say, "Nope, that's wall art, and not for sale."
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post

In case you haven't seen the movie, all the Gladiators are crucified.

---Adam
    You sure that's not The Walking Dead?
    Early S #2826

Garage:
    '73 E (2.7RS replica) - sold
    '94 968 Clubsport M030 - sold
    '67 250SE Cabriolet - sold
    '71 Skyline GT - sold
    '69 911S - sold
    '73 911T/RS