Thread: 13,000 Feet

13,000 Feet

We had a BIG birthday to celebrate, this year

Zovig and I had talked about doing this a few years ago . . .

. . . so --- last week-end . . . I kinda surprised her . . .

. . . took her + her Ungrateful Offspring on a little plane trip

Juuuuuuuuuuuust a short one

So. The next time she tells me --- 'I can't do this' or 'I can't do that' . . .

. . . I'll remind her about Lompoc . . .

I am SO proud of you, Hokis!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LongRanger; 11-12-2016 at 07:21 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

very cool Rick! I've always wanted to jump but now that I'm worth more dead than alive, I somehow suspect my pack wont open.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

. . . You Can, Too

Hey, jos . . .

The toughest part is going up in a plane, watching that door open, getting right up to the edge . . .

. . . then going out into the blue

After that? . . .

. . . you'll be WAY too thrilled to be scared

Trust me

This is a blast. And absolutely everyone has the exact same big/stupid/life-affirming expression on their face

Life is short. Sky-diving may not change your life . . .

. . . but it sure will charge it up some!

Besides --- if my giggly/squirmy/girly-girl/school teacher can do this? . . .

Last edited by LongRanger; 11-12-2016 at 10:15 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    Rick,

Fun. Thanks for sharing.
    I would do it if it was free but somehow I envision myself more as one who forcibly pushes people out of the plane.

Please expand on the ungrateful offspring comment.

Feel free to log it into the Millennial 2.0 thread.

A Term of Endearment . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    . . .

Please expand on the ungrateful offspring comment.

. . .

. . . well --- sorta

Zovig does her morning + evening commuting in Valley traffic, to spend her days teaching/dealing with other people's 8-year-olds, followed by a couple hours of after-school duty + tutoring . . .

. . . only to come home to a pile 'o dishes, a few loads o' laundry and what can sometimes looks a lot like crash-site. Then? --- she'll prepare a home-cooked meal, pay some bills, and finish-off her evening with a quiet coupla hours of plowing through piles of corrections, a few lesson plans, not-to-mention a steady stream of detailed e-mails to parents

She loves teaching, loves her kids --- the ones at home + at school

And not my call --- but when I see how long/hard/quietly she pulls all this off every week . . . and just what the distribution of labor in that household is . . .

. . . I wanna throw a coupla of her kids* out of an airplane

Does that make me a bad person?

* They're 23 and 19

Last edited by LongRanger; 11-13-2016 at 06:49 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    ++++++++++

Once again, this young culture generally speaking, lacks shame. Apparently it doesn't bother them in the least bit to watch the person who has provided for them, supported them, cared for them, and will take a bullet for them to be their slave. Rick, I would challenge you to give them benefit of doubt just in case they are mentally challenged and diplomatically encourage them to get off their lazy duffs and kick in.

In the meantime...

Kudos, props, and heartfelt thanks to ALL of the wives, moms, dads, husbands, guardian's, and even children who take on the lion's share of work without so much as a peep of complaining.

Heroes in my book.