Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1967 Porsche 911 Factory Sport Seats

1967 Porsche 911 Factory Sport Seats

I may be selling my sport seats out of my 1966 912 once a locate a correct pair of 65/66 seats that I can have redone by Autos Intl. Has anyone seen a pair of these '67 sport seats sell recently? I am not sure where the market may be but have been advised by others in the Porsche community that they should bring north of $10k. I understand these were one year only without the headrests and controls on the same side as Porsche only offered driver side seats that year. Again this is based on information I been told but have not verified. I have had my 912 listed for sale but with these seats, the price I would need is too high for most 912 buyers so I may take another approach. Once I do put them on the market, it would be here of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I sense that there may be some indecision regarding direction. The steering wheel might or could fetch an extra buck too.
    member 3143
    Had a few GREAT cars. Do I miss any of them? NO!!!
    However, I am Glad to have the one I have now:
    My wife Blanca NFS
    1967 Ford Fairlane 427 4 speed R code 1 of 72 cars
    1959 356 SunRoof Silver/Green

PM sent on the sport seats.

This doesn't fit your request, exactly, but there is a beautiful pair of redone 68 seats on the bird right now.

Quote Originally Posted by a356kid View Post
    I sense that there may be some indecision regarding direction. The steering wheel might or could fetch an extra buck too.
    Yes indeed. I believe these sport seats will be worth more out of the car than if sold with the car so I am leaning towards putting them on the market while hunting down a set of standard seats. I will just need to find a nice milk crate to use as a driver seat in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by mshaver51 View Post
    This doesn't fit your request, exactly, but there is a beautiful pair of redone 68 seats on the bird right now.
    Thanks for the tip. I have spent the last 6 months correcting small details on the car so it is correct for 1965 build so with this final detail would like to find the exact, correct 65 seats. I don't think seats had any date stamps but suspect 65/66 seats differ in some aspects such as the tilt mechanism, lever style and finish, hinges, the headrest style is similar to the 356, etc.

I completely understand and agree. If you are looking for core seats, you might check with jim breazeale at E.A.S.Y. in the SF area. He will know exactly what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by mshaver51 View Post
    I completely understand and agree. If you are looking for core seats, you might check with jim breazeale at E.A.S.Y. in the SF area. He will know exactly what you are looking for.
    Good idea, he helped me find a particularly hard to find washer "bag" that goes in the right front fender on these early cars and it was in great shape. Now I just have to figure out how to get up where it belongs, I have the cap, tube, pump, etc., all there but just need to get the bag in the fender area.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Perforations look awfully small; how about a close-up of the center section?

I have a pair of 66 seats and would be interested in a trade + $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Perforations look awfully small; how about a close-up of the center section?

I have a pair of 66 seats and would be interested in a trade + $$.
    Will take some photos Frank and send shortly. What color are your 66 seats?