Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An interesting 1967 911S For Sale (mine)

An interesting 1967 911S For Sale (mine)

VIN: 306989S - MATCHING NUMBERS ENGINE: 960895 - MATCHING TRANSMISSION NUMBER: 103900 - ORIGINAL COLOR: POLO RED

See new thread:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...12#post1022212

Originally purchased by Mr. Gene Dodd, this Polo red 1967 911S was his first Porsche. Unfortunately he is no longer with us, but I spoke extensively with his widow and son at the time I purchased the car. Apparently Gene bought this car and used it to get his SCCA license. He purchased and installed a roll bar and proceeded to use the car for gymkhanas, and other PCA and SCCA events. His son told me that in '69 he upgraded the wheels to deep sixes as soon as the dealership had a set in stock. In my research, I found the PCA ad he ran selling the original 4.5" Fuchs (read it and weep).

Sometime in 1969 according to his son Gene bought a 904 to race, and a second for a parts car (!). He then continued on an amateur racing career that I was only somewhat able to document, but have included below. Fast forward to a few years ago when I was able to buy the car. Make no mistake, it was and is rusty. It needed floors, rockers, front pan, and other metal work. Work came and went in fits and starts and then the car got pushed to the back. In the meantime and to keep my interest up during this dark period, we built the numbers matching motor up into a bit of a monster.

We limited the displacement to 2.3L so we didn't have to do anything irreversible to the case. Here's a brief list of the mods we did but keep in mind, I have the original pistons, cylinders, cam covers, distributor, and 40 Weber IDS carbs. With a little bit of additional sourcing you could easily return this motor to stock although you'd undo what turns out to be a remarkable engine. My intention was to keep the 67S power band, just enhance it a little more at the bottom and a LOT more up top so that the car felt relevant in modern traffic but still kept all the character of the car from whence it came.

2.3L Displacement
    Twin Plug distributor
    10.5 to 1 High compression pistons
    46mm Weber Carbs
    Pressure fed tensioners
    Extensive case work
    estimated 205hp

I'll add more to this list when I pull all the receipts together. Make no mistake about it, this was a VERY expensive motor when it was finished. The great thing about this motor is that it has spent the last 7,000(ish) miles in the back of my '67 hotrod and can be driven and demonstrated to a potential buyer. If it doesn't put an ear to ear grin on your face then you're dead from the neck down. It will be removed and palletized for the buyer and delivered with the car. All the sheet metal and glass comes with the car, and several boxes of odds and ends, but the buyer will be chasing assorted parts to build this car. I'm open to reasonable offers, but my asking price is $125k. Feel free to ask any questions or request any specific pictures or receipts. Email preferred: 1967SWB@gmail.com

Kartex 306989.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-02-16-at-10.49.49-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-02-16-at-10.52.35-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-02-16-at-10.53.23-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-02-16-at-8.42.56-AM.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

(continued below)
    Last edited by ibmiked; 06-21-2019 at 06:15 AM.

More pictures of it in its current state.

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_6288.jpg

IMG_9155.jpg

We're not really sure about the roll bar as it doesn't look factory but was clearly in the car since the late '60s (now blasted and powdercoated)

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

Here's the engine when it came out and the subsequent work.

IMG_8395.jpg

IMG_9887.jpg

And then through the build process.

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

Like I said, there's another big invoice floating around for the assembly, installation and tuning. I'll keep digging for it and post when I find.

Inv_3734_from_Partsklassik_5296_Page_1.jpg

Inv_3734_from_Partsklassik_5296_Page_2.jpg

Comes with a beautiful, original orange crest emblem and leather horn button.

IMG_9692.jpg

IMG_9911.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

I'm open to offers and can assist with shipping but it is the responsibility of the buyer. Sold on a Bill of Sale.

Thanks,
    -Mike
    1967SWB@gmail.com

Price adjusted downwards after I woke up this morning and came to my senses.

Quote Originally Posted by ibmiked View Post
    Price adjusted downwards after I woke up this morning and came to my senses.
    If that were true, you wouldn't be selling the damn thing! As they say, GLWS.

PS... I've driven behind the car running this motor. It sounds amazing and performs even better!

Hey Mike, I'm with Bill. Don't sell! ��. Nice engine! What's the plan for motivating the hot rod after the engine is gone? GLWS
    Dp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    '72T 2.7 RS spec race car
    '79SC 3.6 ltr. hot rod
    '06 BMW 530xi

Mike
    Sent you a PM for more info.
    Thanks
    Frank
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

Quote Originally Posted by dlp72t View Post
    Hey Mike, I'm with Bill. Don't sell! ��. Nice engine! What's the plan for motivating the hot rod after the engine is gone? GLWS
    Dp
    I'm just out of patience with the process. No matter what happens though this is 'Porsche money' so it gets rolled back into my enjoyment of the hobby.

My engine builder wants me to do a 2.5L High Butterfly motor, and that sounds like it would be a lot of fun to me.