Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value question

Value question

What is the group's thought on what this is worth ? I have a 1972 911 T (USA delivered, so MFI) Tangerine.

Straight from the factory, just 44 years late. This is how this 1972 911 T could have been as it rolled out the factory door. This is one of the most original 1972 911 T you will find. It has only travelled 64,000 miles in 44 years. It has been garage kept and covered by all owners.

It was originally owned by three friends all who lived within 5 miles of each other in Idaho, USA. The final "custodian" of this car was keeping it for his retirement. It was kept in a garage for 24 years and driven rarely. He then retired, figured his grandkids did not like it, so he bought a Hummer. I then managed to secure this car and ship it to Australia.

It is running the original speedo, but the face had to be converted to KMH for Australian registration. The odometer is still in miles. It has H4 headlights for left hand traffic and I still have the old sugar scoops in a box somewhere if you REALLY want them !!)

It is still wearing its factory tangerine paint and matching numbers engine and transmission, with original maintenance record verifying engine number and Porsche Certificate of Authenticity.

Especially important to this car is a log book, showing every trip this car has taken from new, including fuel economy for many of the trips. It has ventured to the Rockies in the early years, and most recently did a 12 day road trip without fault (to Porsche Rennsport Sydney from Byron Bay with my two kids in the back - 2,400 miles).

The engine was tested at the start of 2015, and the compression test came in at 140 on the nose for all six cylinders. At that time the following work was performed. New plugs, fuel filter, Fresh oil and filter, Valve adjustment. The valve cover gaskets were replaced, upper and lower and the heater hoses were replaced. The master brake cylinder was replaced and all brake lines were bleed. Front and rear hood shocks were the final items replaced and now this is a very well sorted out early air cooled 911.

When I purchased it, it had tombstone seats, as the original comfort seats had been ditched at some point. I promptly replaced these with a pair or replica seats from Phil Lack.

It is running the 2.4 MFI from USA which is the correct and original engine. And it's got that external oil door.

This fantastic example shows no signs of any body damage or repair. Fantastic body, clean lines, dent and damage free other than small assortment of genuine rock chips on the hood, showing the true originality of this car. The radio works. All lights work. The boot light works. New Coco Mats.

What is not up to scratch ? Well, the headlining has a small hole and some discolouring. Small crack in the dashboard to the speaker grille. That's about it.

It ticks all the boxes.

Colour - Tangerine
    Year - 1972
    Engine - MFI
    Condition - Stunning
    Price - what's your idea ?

The Canepa car (to which I referred in my original post) is asking $175,000 before Christmas. Now, I know that this is a VERY high asking price for a VERY special looking car........so who would shout out a figure for mine ?

Pics to follow
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by byronbaychris; 11-22-2016 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Post was moved to its on thread, and had lost the reference to the Canepa car, so did not make much. Also added detail
    1972 T with 60,000 documented miles from new. Each trip is in a log book.
    1994 Carrera with a lot more undocumented miles.

Member # 3048

http://www.CarsAndCoffeeByronBay.com - 2nd Sunday of each month in Byron Bay, Australia.

we need more details on the car in the picture. T, E, S? Options? Is this the one with original paint or is yours? Is this the original color? Is there an engine in the back? Is the driver's side just as nice?

It's really hard to go off one picture and no details other than it's Tangerine (which is a great color by the way)
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Quote Originally Posted by jos.hall View Post
    we need more details on the car in the picture. T, E, S? Options? Is this the one with original paint or is yours? Is this the original color? Is there an engine in the back? Is the driver's side just as nice?

It's really hard to go off one picture and no details other than it's Tangerine (which is a great color by the way)
    Jos,

Thanks for the comments. I have updated the original post to include detail......and photos are here.]Name:  IMG_1768.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  109.9 KBName:  IMG_1770.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  86.7 KBName:  IMG_1771.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  52.7 KBName:  IMG_1775.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  89.7 KBName:  IMG_1776.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  70.2 KBName:  IMG_1778.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  79.2 KBName:  IMG_1779.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  72.3 KBName:  IMG_1780.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  81.1 KBName:  IMG_1782.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  110.3 KB

Member # 3048

http://www.CarsAndCoffeeByronBay.com - 2nd Sunday of each month in Byron Bay, Australia.

Member # 3048

Member # 3048

I would've said $130-140k hadn't I seen the Canepa ad. I claim to know nothing though except what people advertise on here.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Attachment 402389Attachment 402390

And this picture is of the ar arriving at Cars and Coffee Byron Bay just two weeks ago.....so that is exactly how it looks now.
    Attachment 402391

Member # 3048

Quote Originally Posted by jos.hall View Post
    I would've said $130-140k hadn't I seen the Canepa ad. I claim to know nothing though except what people advertise on here.
    Thanks Joe for taking the time to respond.

Member # 3048

Keep in mind that you're not Bruce.

Why not put it on BaT and see what it brings. There was an imitation RSR on BaT that just brought $220,000.

Richard Newton
    How Hot Are Your Brakes?

Long way to drive the trailer to Australia
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6