Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Early 911 S Registry European gathering 2017

Early 911 S Registry European gathering 2017

Registration details are at Post #17 in this thread

Hi guys,
    after meeting some of the participants of the 2015 event last Weekend we thoght it would be great to have something in 2017.
    I'm willing to do some organisation for the event, so I'll try to do a poll with the limited possibilities that the forum software offers.
    Main objective is to find out what you like, how much you'd like to drive, if it should be a 2 day weekend event or more and so on.
    The last time (2015) we organised a (near to no) low budget event - nothing wrong with that, but I'd like your opinion if we should raise the bar.
    So here we go.

Surveymonkey only offers 10 question in the free version - there will be another survey for people who chose I might consider participation.

https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/KH7HLHV

Here is an addon for the ones that would like to join regarding the logistics of arrival and departure
    https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/6NVWNGG
    Last edited by uai; 04-02-2017 at 06:31 AM.

Uupps first failure Poll is only possible on the first Post.
    I'd like to make a poll e.g. on surveymonkey.com, but only professional version allows for more than 10 questions.
    So I chose to split in two surveys. Next one will follow.
    If anybody knows an alternative that offers some options please feel free to give me a hint.
    Cheers

Uli
    Last edited by uai; 11-23-2016 at 12:04 PM.

I've completed the survey. Some comments:

The coffee/lunch halts are a good opportunity to have a chat and get together and talk, and admire others cars and wives/girlfriends ( only joking about that last item ! ). Regardless of the driving roads it gets a bit boring after an hour or so.

Lunch; On Porsche Club Ireland Drives we find the lunch halt saps time, hotels/restaurants can be slow, it takes forever to order and get everyone served making a halt stretch to two hours. To combat this we've begun pre booking a set number of simple soup/sandwich/coffee in advance which is served as we arrive. Plates of mixed sandwiches are on the tables, there's no choice and tea/coffee. It's still a chance to chat but it does not distract from the drive. You're going to be eating well that night anyway.

Date: Planning it around a bank holiday is good since it gives an extra day. For some of us , certain dates will be a no no meaning however much I want to attend I have other commitments. It's important that anyone who cannot attend the suggested date does not complete the survey as they won't be there and could distort the results.

Location :While an Alpine location offers the best driving roads the extra miles South makes it hard. I'd suggest between Reims and the Vosges. Not Nurburgring or Spa due to thefts. Also centre it on one place for say Friday Saturday night, it will make it easier to get a good deal from the hotel.

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for your feedback, it seems we are like minded. I have something like 30th september to 2nd or even 3rd october in mind.
    Regarding the location I'm bound to the south west of germany, probably there would be a loop to alsace and perhaps switzerland too if we have enough time.
    Cheers
    Uli

Done! Looking forward seeing you all!
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Hello Uli
    If you need help for the organisation team please contact me.
    I´m looking forward to see you all again.

For a chronicle of the past edition, please check here!

Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Survey completed

Thanks so far to all that have completed the survey.

Right now we are checking with Anneau du Rhin whether they find a slot to have something like 30 mins to 45 mins tracktime for us on the day before, during, or the day after the event - that would be the glacing on the cake if it happens.

Apart from that it will be around 30th sept to 3rd oct. (exact date to be fixed soon after we hear form anneau du rhin)
    You'll be free in your choice how you'd like to join
    • daytrip
    • Weekend (Saturday Sunday)
    • prolonged weekend Saturday Sunday Monday

You'll book your own Hotel to your liking - we have a little village in mind that offers all levels of hotels within walking distance.
    We'll organise
    • Lunch (either simple on the days with longer driving distances or just a main dish on the days with lesser driving)
    • Coffebreaks
    • Dinner (begining simple and increasing during the 3 days)

Driving will be on small or mixed roads between 200 and 300 kms (or even a bit more - I sometimes can't resist) per day but it should average around 250 / day
    We'll provide a rallye sign, a roadbook, organise a visit to an impressive private owned Car Museum Name:  Logo-Museum-Volante-540x156.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  9.4 KB

visit la France and it's twisties in the vosges.

Target would be to have around 30 Cars at the event - this keeps it manageable and leaves enough time for driving and breaks.
    We're looking forward and keep you updated.

Cheers

Uli

Save the date 05th-08th October 2017 2nd early911sregistry europe gathering teaser

Hi Massimo and me have put together a nice bundle.
    So save the date 5th - 7th October 2017.
    - We'll start at thursday afternoon at anneau du rhin with the the opportunity to have some track time and a small drive to our base east of Freiburg.
    - Friday we'll have a visit to a private Collection and drive ca. 280 km through the Black Forest it will be a long day but a rewarding one.
    - Saturday is driving day all day no museums, no visits, from tiny single lanes to fast flowing curves with enough breaks to keep it relaxed ca. 290-330 kms.
    - Sunday is not part of the official event but if you're going via Stuttgart you'll find a nice 200km route in the roadbook that gets you near Stuttgart.

You'll have the opprtunity to join us individually on thursday and/or friday and/or saturday (and return with us to Stuttgart on Sunday)
    So you have the full control to make this event anything from one to four days.

Keep online.
    Booking starts next week.

Cheers

Uli & Massimo