Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWB Rear Wheel Bearings

SWB Rear Wheel Bearings

Inner rear bearings are currently very expensive if purchased complete with the inner track as they are only available as an OEM part.

We have managed to source IKO Bearings at a sensible price and have cylindrically ground a standard track to the correct size.

We can supply complete rear wheel bearing kits for $100 less than the current price of a pair of inner bearings.

The bearings and seals are all branded.

The outer bearings are FAG.

Complete kit is:

2 x Inner Bearings with tracks

2 x Outer Bearings

2 x Inner Seals

2 x Outer Seals

2 x O Rings.

If the exisiting inner tracks are in good condition we can supply the compete kit without the tracks for the price of a single inner bearing.

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    Wish i would have known about 3 mos back.. still that is a good buy!

btw, anyone doing this job should get a bearing/bushing tool kit, like those made by SIR. (you can get cheep ones at harbor freight, but dont know how well they hold up).

they will make removal and installation of these bearings a breeze (these tools do both -press in and press out bushings and bearings. all you need is a bench vice and a wrench). they also will be a huge help in just about every part of the suspension refresh if you go down the road to do everything.

and bushings too!

Last edited by hoffman912; 07-12-2012 at 05:00 AM.
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chris_seven View Post
    We can supply complete rear wheel bearing kits for $100 less than the current price of a pair of inner bearings.
    I think w/ a worldwide audience and persons having different suppliers, it's kind of hard to figure out how much a set will be when ordered from you since we can all have a different "current price of a pair of inner bearings". Can you please post a price (in euro's, pounds or dollars)?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by 304678 View Post
    I think w/ a worldwide audience and persons having different suppliers, it's kind of hard to figure out how much a set will be when ordered from you since we can all have a different "current price of a pair of inner bearings". Can you please post a price (in euro's, pounds or dollars)?

Richard
    Richard,

Full Kit $200 + $35 shipping to USA

Kits without inner sleeves $150 + $35 Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by chris_seven View Post
    Richard,

Full Kit $200 + $35 shipping to USA

Kits without inner sleeves $150 + $35 Shipping
    Thanks. I am not that far w/ my restoration yet, I recently blasted the arms but painting and assembly is not due till the winter.

Richard

Chris, sent you a PM about these a few weeks ago. Please contact me about how to get a full kit. Shipping to North Hollywood CA.

Thanks,
    Mike
    1967SWB@gmail.com

Terrific news!
    Porsche 935 DP1 Zirkelbach
    930/10
    Resale red

Porsche 911, 1971
    2.5L on Webers
    Silvermetallic

Is this still a thing? I sent you a PM.

Ryan

One interesting fact about bearings (at least in the West) is that they all carry a Universal bearing number, meaning that you can order them at any bearing shop in the world -- often at prices discounted from dealer prices. This goes for automotive bearings and aircraft bearings.

Some cardinal rules apply when working with bearings (and engines, too):

1. NEVER handle bearings with your bare hands. Your fingerprints contain minute traces of salts, which WILL induce corrosion and bearing failure.

2. If either the race or the bearing show pitting/discoloration, replace BOTH.

3. Absolutely NO LEAD PENCILS anywhere near engine components! Lead pencils are graphite (carbon) which will absorb into hot components and cause stress raiser, which will fail the part. Exhaust components and valves are especially vulnerable here. Stainless steel is not immune, either.
    Last edited by Orval_F; 01-19-2015 at 05:59 AM. Reason: More info.

My turn for rear wheel bearing replacement...PM sent
    Rich
    1966 911 #303872
    ES#1197
    RG#478