Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Rare ELEPHANT HIDE Recaro Sport Seat

Very Rare ELEPHANT HIDE Recaro Sport Seat

Hello All,

I relist for sale my early and very Rare Recaro Sport Seat perforated Elephant Hide in Beige color
    Left side, driver seat!!! with console...

The seat is very nice, never restored.

My best asking price is $7250 plus paypal and shipping fees OBO.

More pics on request.
    Have a nice day.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 911 SWTARGA; 12-11-2016 at 04:11 AM.

Very interesting seat. It has the 68 elephant hide pattern and it's stil a 1967 sportseat model. Makes sense as elephant hide was used mostly on early 1968 cars built in the Fall of 67.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Quote Originally Posted by Milou View Post
    Very interesting seat. It has the 68 elephant hide pattern and it's stil a 1967 sportseat model. Makes sense as elephant hide was used mostly on early 1968 cars built in the Fall of 67.
    Yes Milou, it's seems that it was the case.
    A good buddy think this seat is a 911R sport seat and not race seat.... no proof for that but it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 911 SWTARGA View Post
    A good buddy think this seat is a 911R sport seat and not race seat....
    Could you ask your buddy what a 911R sport seat is and how it differs from other sport seats?
    I only know Recaro idealsitz (that's your seat)
    Recaro Bucket early
    or Scheel 300 early
    all 3 were also available as an aftermarket Product that you could put in your Opel too.

BTW 67 seats were around 7.5 to 8k€ per pair at Schorndorf

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    Could you ask your buddy what a 911R sport seat is and how it differs from other sport seats?

all 3 were also available as an aftermarket Product that you could put in your Opel too.

BTW 67 seats were around 7.5 to 8k€ per pair at Schorndorf
    My friend think that it's a 911R sport seat because it's a very rare elephant hide Recaro sport seat...and it's a Porsche seat, not an Opel one.
    BTW, for 7,5 or 8 K€ a pair of Recaro sport seats elephant hide, I hope you bought 2 or 3 pairs because at this price it's really a bargain.
    Last pair of black early 67' Recaro sport seat on the Registry were sold for $12000 I think...and not elephant hide.
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Seats-Original

Is this the same seat, the one from france?
    http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1946411
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Why 911R and not just for any 911S or 911normale .. trying to understand why its from a 911R race car (?).
    An R usually had black Recaro Bucket seat with black Corduroy, as seen in Brian Longs book, page 139.
    Otherwise agree, rare Recaro made Sport seat in the rare light-beige color combo.
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    Is this the same seat, the one from france?
    http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1946411
    Yes it's this one...but cheaper for the Registry !!!

Christmas dropped price $7000 plus shipping and PayPal fees...or offer !!!
    Happy Holidays.
    John

Christmas bump for Christmas price $6750 plus shipping and PayPal fees...or offer !!!
    Happy Holidays.
    John