Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Door Hinge Pin Removal Tool, P290, 000.721.290.20

Jimmy - I would like to purchase one of your door hinge tools. Can you please message me here or via my e-mail at ddelano_98@yahoo.com Thanks! Dave D.

I’d really like to buy one of these if they’re still available. Jimmy can you please PM me with your contact and payment details. Thanks!

Hi Jimmy, Are you still making these for sale?

Hello Jimmy,
    Do you have any Door Pin Tools available? I would like to buy one. I'm assming there would be additional postage to Ontario. What is your preferred payment method?
    I can be reached at: arbez@sympatico.ca
    Thanks,
    Charles

FWIW, if these are no longer available you might contact Dave B. Pretty sure he was selling them also.
    https://msroadrace.com/Porsche%20911...9B?search=Door
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Thanks for the lead, I'll go that route if JimmyT doesn't respond.

These parts are still for sale. Unfortunately Harbor Freight has discontinued their slide hammer. Based on customer feedback, I have taken that opportunity to improve the tool. It now uses either metric (M10x1.5) or SAE (5/8-18) slide hammers. Happily, 5/8-18 slide hammers are the size that most of the auto parts stores lend out for free, obviating the need for purchasing anything else. For further details, see Advance Auto Parts, AutoZone, O’Reilly, or PepBoys. Napa tool loaning is on a store-by-store basis. The tool has also been narrowed with filleted leading edges for more body clearance. The bottom face is beveled for easier insertion below the pin head. The protective nylon sleeve has been retained.

The price and USPS shipment cost remains unchanged. Shipping outside the US is problematic. Third party shippers charge exorbitantly for their services.

Last edited by JimmyT; 10-25-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyT View Post
    These parts are still for sale. Unfortunately Harbor Freight has discontinued their slide hammer. Based on customer feedback, I have taken that opportunity to improve the tool. It now uses either metric (M10x1.5) or SAE (5/8-18) slide hammers. Happily, 5/8-18 slide hammers are the size that most of the auto parts stores lend out for free, obviating the need for purchasing anything else. For further details, see Advance Auto Parts, AutoZone, O’Reilly, or PepBoys. Napa tool loaning is on a store-by-store basis. The tool has also been narrowed with filleted leading edges for more body clearance. The bottom face is beveled for easier insertion below the pin head. The protective nylon sleeve has been retained.

The price and USPS shipment cost remains unchanged. Shipping outside the US is problematic. Third party shippers charge exorbitantly for their services.

JimmyT, I work at a shop and we are restoring a couple 911's. I would love to purchase this tool! Will you PM me the details for Paypal and such?

DrewMark,

Unfortunately, I believe that you can't send or receive PMs until your post count exceeds 10. If you would like more information please post your e-mail address.

Thanks, Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by drewmarc View Post
    JimmyT, I work at a shop and we are restoring a couple 911's. I would love to purchase this tool! Will you PM me the details for Paypal and such?
    Last edited by JimmyT; 10-29-2020 at 07:18 AM.

VERY cool update on the design!
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306