Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Euro Carrera 180 MPH speedometer 911 641 506 29

Smile FS: Euro Carrera 180 MPH speedometer 911 641 506 29

Mint condition Euro Carrera 180 MPH speedometer 911 641 506 29. See Pelican parts for pictures and description. Price is $600 which includes shipping and insurance to CONUS. For inquiries contact me at pgeorge911@aol.com.

Banned
    Cannot be a coincidence.

I am interested in this part but I would like to see more photos please.
    It would be helpful to see more images around the edge of the bezel to see the other numbers/standard markings.

I am not sure if any experts on here can see if this has a genuine face or if it has been re-screened.

Any feedback welcomed

Since any rebuilder can duplicate a speedometer externally the only way to confirm that this part is genuine is to remove the can and look at the circuit board inscription for the date code. I am advised not to do this. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck. It is unlikely that any buyer is going to disassemble the speedometer to check the date code on the circuit board. The expense of rescreening would probably cost more than an original. My take is that this is either an original or a rebuild. The 10 MPH on the dial seems to suggest this. If anyone can provide an external means of checking this speedometer, please contact me at pgeorge911@aol.com.

pkg

Respectfully suggest you indicate a year for this speedo
    I believe there would only be one available for the '73 and '74 years but two for the '75 year
    One is for the standard higher profile tyres and the second for the optional 50 series tyres
    Just a suggestion .....

HTH
    Dennis
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

pkg,

Palo Alto advised that they can re-screen a 150MPH speedo to 180MPH for $150. This is an option that I am considering.

It would be nice to see some additional photos to get a feel of the overall condition and originality of the unit. There also normally markings on the screen at 80, between 90 and 100 and other lines around the edge where it meets the bezel. Could you kindly post some photos of those details as it's a bit difficult to see how nice the unit is with the 3 photos posted on pelican.

Does anyone know how you can tell the difference wth a re-screen unit with an original one? That would help a lot too.

Thank you.

Last edited by Rocket; 12-17-2016 at 12:31 AM.

What is included in the Palo Alto offer?
    Just a rescreen? How about the headlight bulb?

That is just for the re-screen. I have asked Palo Alto for a quote to re-screen, calibrate and restore a 150MPH into a 180MPH version.
    Will let you know what they say :-)

180 MPH Euro Carrera Speedometer

I cannot date this speedometer because there is no date marking which was common to these speedometers and for rebuilt ones. I assume anyone using it will have the speedometer regeared to correct for tire size etc.

rescreaning a 150 MPH speedometer

I cannot imagine paying only $150 to convert a 150 MPH to 180 MPH speedometer. You probably would do a complete restoration anyway. So I am looking forward to seeing your quote.