Thread: Fuel evaporation/overflow hose question...

Fuel evaporation/overflow hose question...

I used TYGON fuel/oil rated neon opaque green hose in for this system in my 73-S but was not crazy about the color....does anyone know if there is similar rated hose that is clear of something less stark in color that is available and safe to use for the fuel tank evaporation/overflow system? Thank you

I found another offering by TYGON - 2375 - that is chemical, alcohol resistant....since these evap hoses to the best of my knowledge don't keep a fill of gasoline in them, perhaps this line of TYGON would be satisfactory and it is the 'clear' tube I'd prefer. Certainly happy to get other's thoughts.

member #1515
    This is the stuff recommended by Ed Mayo
    https://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/122/123/=15o1a7q

the top pvc on the page
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Thank you, and yes, it is indeed the yellow/green that I used on the 73. I have re-ordered it (and another TYGON hose that is clear and chemical resistant...likely will try that first since I prefer the clear look and just monitor it for any problems/deterioration. Since the original hose from PORSCHE turned brown and hard as concrete I'm assuming they did not use a fuel/lubricant hose originally...but may all these years would discolor and turn anything hard.