Thread: Connection of latchpanel with front

Connection of latchpanel with front

Hello,

Can anyone help me with the detail question:

You have the latchpanel with

A: Symmetrical ribbons on both sides BY1965 MY1965/66
    B: Ribbons on one side, flat on the other side BY1965 MY1966 ...

You also have a body penal that fits the latchpanel.
    Like I see it the ribbons muts fit the gaps in the other part.
    So with option A (see above), you must have 4 gaps in that panel that connects with the 4 ribbons on the latchpanel.
    But what with option B (see above)? Does the only has 2 gaps for the side with the ribbons? And the rest is without gap?

MY1965 car
    Name:  L1200666.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  76.9 KB
    Name:  L1200667.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  83.3 KB
    Name:  L1200668.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  82.5 KB

MY1966 car
    Name:  Schermafbeelding 2016-12-30 om 13.16.43.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  107.2 KB
    Name:  Schermafbeelding 2016-12-30 om 13.14.23.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  95.0 KB

The question why I am asking. With my car 303381 I see this: Option B but with 4 gaps that looks strange.

Name:  L1210098.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  91.0 KB
    Name:  Schermafbeelding 2016-12-30 om 14.13.30.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  103.8 KB

Can someone help me?

Thanks,

Found another clear picture of Magnus Walker his 1966. Don't know if this is a BY1965 MY1966 car of also BY1966.

http://magnuswalker911.blogspot.be/p...storation.html

Here you can see that it looks he has 5 gaps.

Name:  LATCH-PANNEL.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  105.6 KB

It looks like the replacement item that has been added to your car was a "Universal" fit with the four recessed areas but only one fits your front pan shape.

Option - seal attachment rail could be removed and metal worked to fill three recesses and add one.

Option - look away (don't do anything) used car salesman technique "did you see how nice the rear window fits.....?"

EDIT looks like a "one size" to fit eight years 1965 - 1973 http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP231

1964/65 had four ribs, two left and two right (white car exampled above),
    changed to 2 ribs, both on the left (battery side) when the alum ID tag moved to the slam panel.
    Last edited by Bobs 67S; 12-30-2016 at 10:51 AM.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Bob,

Then it will be option A: Fill the 2 recesses on the left side and the 1 most on the right.
    And add one, so that the 2 ribbons are fitting nicely!
    I am no metalworker, but I suppose this can be perfectly done?
    Is it a hard work to remove the seal attachment rail?

The universal fit part, which one is this? Try to look after a picture where the parts are exploded.

Option B is an option if you don't care about the details or if you want to make some $$$.

Bob, thanks a lot!