Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are we with LHD dash boards 70-73?

Where are we with LHD dash boards 70-73?

I see Sierra Madre has a reproduction dash board for sale for LHD cars which to me does not seem to be the same one that comes out of Italy
    especially if you read the description

Any one got an update on these dash boards or the one Porsche Classic was supposed to be producing

I am looking for a replacement for a LHD car
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

I thought the consensus from previous discussions was that while the Porsche Classic dash was not perfect, it was the best fit and option. I bought one last year, and have been very happy with it. It fits far better and is more original than the versions Porsche provided in the 80s.
    Chuck

Early 911S registry #380
    '70S
    '75S
    '96 C4S
    '65 R69S

Christer Rye in Sweden makes (or used to make) nice repro 911 dashes.
    http://rye356.weebly.com/insrumentpa...rsche-911.html

He made them in association with these guys:
    http://autoline.se

Quote Originally Posted by csbush View Post
    I thought the consensus from previous discussions was that while the Porsche Classic dash was not perfect, it was the best fit and option. I bought one last year, and have been very happy with it. It fits far better and is more original than the versions Porsche provided in the 80s.
    What grille hole pattern does it have as per original or with a triangular cut off in each corner?
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

I can't speak to the current Lakewell dashes, but I recently obtained and installed an old NOS Lakewell and it is great. Perfect fit.

Rich

Yes I have fitted a Lakewell dash too and they do fit perfectly but are you saying you bought an old style Porsche made dash from Lakewell??
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Member#2944
    Recently installed a dash from CarPoint in Germany.
    It took about a month get in stock. It was shipped on a Monday, arrived in Ca. on Thursday.
    Almost faster than a local letter! Price was 756 euro. Fit and finish is first class and loved that they include a few packages of Gummi Bears.
    Speaker grill is the rectangular pattern. Don't think that's correct for pre-'74. Mines a '74 so no problem.
    Tony

2019 Targa GTS
    1974 911 Targa. Lime Green
    2018 Macan GTS
    '68 912 SWT White (Sold)
    '03 Boxster S (Sold)
    2013 Cayenne GTS (Deceased)

Quote Originally Posted by 911+1 View Post
    Recently installed a dash from CarPoint in Germany.
    It took about a month get in stock. It was shipped on a Monday, arrived in Ca. on Thursday.
    Almost faster than a local letter! Price was 756 euro. Fit and finish is first class and loved that they include a few packages of Gummi Bears.
    Speaker grill is the rectangular pattern. Don't think that's correct for pre-'74. Mines a '74 so no problem.
    Carpoint and Lakewell sell the same repro dash and yes they are nice units, fit easily and look pretty good.

Speaker grille has rectangular pattern of holes as it should have my only beef is the grille is held in place by a threaded rod and nuts hence cannot be removed without removing the dash
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

You don't need to use the threaded nuts, just leave them off. I may have used a plastic insert for the studs to push into, it can be removed as normal.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Member#2944
    Clyde,
    Good to hear it's the same dash as Lakewell. They take months and are priced a lot higher than CarPoint. (also don't know if you get the Gummi Bears!)
    I was going to leave the nuts off the speaker grill and found that I could reach in, from the clock location, and remove them if needed.
    I really like that they have decreased the opening under the speaker to make the dash stronger in that area.
    Tony

2019 Targa GTS
    1974 911 Targa. Lime Green
    2018 Macan GTS
    '68 912 SWT White (Sold)
    '03 Boxster S (Sold)
    2013 Cayenne GTS (Deceased)