Thread: Looking for SWB 912 Motor Mount Brackets

Looking for SWB 912 Motor Mount Brackets

I'm looking at potentially buying a roller 912, which is currently set up for a 911 motor and has the 912 brackets cut off.

If anyone has a cut-up parts car, or if you recently converted to a 911 motor, I might be able to use your old 912 motor mount brackets.

Let me know your asking price.

Thanks,
    Joel

P.S.- I may also consider a reasonably priced running 911 motor. I'm located in northern CA, so it would be ideal(but not necessary) if I can find one somewhat local.

have seen some NOS ones listed on ebay.com. don`t have the link.

Moito,

I've seen the brackets that connect the motor to the carrier, but just to clarify, I'm looking for the brackets that are normally welded to the left and right side of the engine compartment(where the engine carrier bolts to). You and I might have been referring to the same brackets, but I just wanted to clarify.

Joel

do you have the part number ? last I knew the 911 "corner" mounts were available from Porsche. maybe the 912 type are as well ? the folks @ 912Registry may have some ideas.
    HTH
    84102 purchased in '85 FINALLY started driving it (2/2015)
    '73 911T original paint sunroof coupe waiting in the wings
    3 gauge Holbert 912... now for something completely different
    1940 Mercury town sedan

yes confirmed--NOS green primer weld-on 912 brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoma912 View Post
    Moito,

I've seen the brackets that connect the motor to the carrier, but just to clarify, I'm looking for the brackets that are normally welded to the left and right side of the engine compartment(where the engine carrier bolts to). You and I might have been referring to the same brackets, but I just wanted to clarify.

Joel

Thanks, Molto. I'll keep an eye out, and I'm also glad NOS ones come up on eBay once in a while.

As Typ901 mentioned, I might also research the part number and check in with my local Porsche dealer.

Thank you both.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoma912 View Post
    Thanks, Molto. I'll keep an eye out, and I'm also glad NOS ones come up on eBay once in a while.

As Typ901 mentioned, I might also research the part number and check in with my local Porsche dealer.

Thank you both.

Joel

moito... it`s pronounced moito

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU-OycAb_Lg

Member#2944
    Joel,
    Since you're in NorCal try Parts Heaven or EASY. Either should have what you're looking for.
    EASY: http://www.easypor.com
    PH: https://www.partsheaven.com
    Tony

'68 912 SWT White
    '74 911 Targa Lime Green
    '03 Boxster S
    ‘13 Cayenne GTS

Banned
    In case Molto's lead fizzles I have a 912 chassis I'm currently harvesting organs from.

But please: Expect to pay at least the going shop rate for the time it takes to properly remove them with a plasma cutter. (Real world shop rate; not Bay area rate. Only 15 years ago shyster attorneys were charging what they do.)