Thread: Original 2 screw horngrills

Original 2 screw horngrills

Are there like on the 4 screw horn grills some things were you can see that it are original 2 screw horn grills?
    I already own 4 screw horn grills but there is still a investigation and maybe the car (303381) has 2 screw horn grills.
    We want to make it at concours level so is important to have original stuff.

Thanks!

Are you going to have original paint and tires? Is the carpet going to be original? The vinyl/leather interior? All original rubber? The headliner?

Eric,

What do you mean?
    We will try to make it as original as we can. Perfect will never be, but we will try to do our best.
    To answer you question:

Paint: original slate grey
    Tires: Going to use original looking classic tires that suits the car
    Interior stuff: perhaps by Sitzclinic (Jacques - pss) did his there, and it seems that they are really good
    Rubbers: try to match original colors and shapes

With your experience do you now something of this 2 screw grill?
    Are there maybe things that changed for example during 1966 and 1967 2 screw horn grills?
    So I can look after it without forgetting the details.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Are you going to have original paint and tires? Is the carpet going to be original? The vinyl/leather interior? All original rubber? The headliner?

your car did not come with 4-screw grills

Joris,

Is it possible for me to call you or have contact with you?
    Would be nice to share some information (I you want)
    Now at the moment we are also doing the restoration.
    Would be nice to come and see for some details so I can discuss this with my restorator.

Thanks a lot!

I have send you my info by mail.

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post

I will soon receive pictures from car 303371 with is also untouched. Only 3 owners. Friend of dad - Dad - Son.
    Will keep you updated with these info if you like.
    So we can compare some info about latch pane/horngrills.

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post

Are the fenders set up for 2-screw or 4-screw horn grills? If they are set up for 4-screw grills, you may have the wrong fenders. Keep in mind that the two different types of grills will not be the same size.

I ask all this because my 65/66 912 should have 4-screw grills. But because of an accident decades ago, it now has a newer left fender with a 2-screw horn grill. If you have a left fender for a 4-screw grill, you may want to make a trade.
    Charlie
    '66 912
    '50 VW Bug
    '89 VW syncro Tristar Doka
    '83 VW Westfalia