Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS style buckets FS 911R ST RSR

RS style buckets FS 911R ST RSR

Great pair of Vintage Seats (brand) US made ST buckets in smooth leatherette with basketweave centers. Gently used but no major defects. comes with sliders but not bases. $2,000 cashola (paypal if you eat the fees). Can box and ship anywhere in the us at your expense (actual shipping cost).

IMG_0739.jpgIMG_0740.jpgIMG_0742.jpgIMG_0743.jpg
    Last edited by jordanpryce; 01-04-2017 at 09:37 AM. Reason: change model name
    1967 911R tribute
    08 Cayman S Sport GT3 Orange
    16 Audi S3 Black

Gone: 93 RSA, 91 964, 13 Boxster, 15 Macan S, 05 Lotus Elise, 00 M-Coupe, 71 914-6, 75 Carrera, 11 997 GTS etc..

Nice looking seats. Good luck with the sale.
    Steve Meltsner

Interested in 1 if you want to split the set.

Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post
    Interested in 1 if you want to split the set.
    Sorry, selling as a pair.
    1967 911R tribute
    16 Audi S3 Black

Gone: 93 RSA, 91 964, 13 Boxster, 15 Macan S, 05 Lotus Elise, 00 M-Coupe, 71 914-6, 75 Carrera, 11 997 GTS etc..

What do these sell for new?

About $1,500 each plus sliders and headrests. Last set I bought was about $3,600.
    1967 911R tribute
    16 Audi S3 Black

Sold, thanks all.
    1967 911R tribute
    16 Audi S3 Black

If familiar with Vintage, that was a great deal

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Harriman View Post
    If familiar with Vintage, that was a great deal
    Indeed....

But I am the unlucky guy who ended up buying these... and they are not Vintage Seats (brand) as advertised.

When I tried to buy the bases for these from Michael Eberhardt, he informed me that those were not made by him, or the original owner of Vintage Seats. He listed 6 reasons why which I will not post at this time.

I figured the seller made an honest mistake, and he offered to refund my money if I paid for return shipping. Since I was already out PayPal Fees $84 and one way shipping ($144), I asked the seller if he would consider covering one way of the shipping. I thought this was reasonably generous and since I did nothing wrong in this transaction than believe the ad as written. He refused, and so I decided to seek resolution from PayPal.

In our communication, seller claimed to have owned many pairs of Vintage Seats in the past, and that these were most certainly Vintage Seats brand seats. He also cited the ad for the lovely 912 which he bought and acquired these seats. Sadly, the ad states these as "Vintage sport buckets" - which the seller does not see the difference.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...lone-sale.html

For the record, I would not have bought these seats if they were not Vintage Seats brand as indicated. Paying $2k for a pair of any other brand used is just not a good deal.

I opened a formal case with PayPal and after consultation with an expert (Eberhardt), PayPal ruled in my favor and returned my money. They would not return my original shipping costs despite being part of their buyer protection package, because shipping fees were paid with a separate PayPal transaction - live and learn.

In cases where non authentic goods are sold via PayPal, their policy is that the merchandise should not be returned because it is illegal to do so. Also - the seller can file an appeal at any time - and in the event that I return the seats and the seller finds a way to win an appeal - I am out the money, am without the seats - all the while I have done nothing wrong.

I no longer want these seats, but will not expose myself to any more risk.

In the most recent correspondance with the seller, he maintains that he has acted in good faith all along and:

"They are not imitation and you know it. They may be by another manufacturer, but Vintage seats is not the original, therefore these are no more imitations than vintage seats products are imitations. They are ALL copies of Recaros"

His failure to comprehend this is mind boggling to me...

So I am looking to this community for some advice. Paypal has formally made its ruling and I am under no obligation to return these seats.

I am a reasonable person and no longer want these seats, but refuse to expose myself to the risk of a paypal reversal where the seller has his seats and my money. I have no intention on personally benefiting from this awful experience.

Some ideas -

1 - Houston is a big city. If there was a forum member who was willing to be an intermediary, on good faith return my original shipping money (so that I am economically unharmed on account of this mess) - and accept the seats on seller's behalf after inspection and confirmation they are in the same condition as sold so they can be returned to the seller - the only hang up here, is that I do not know how to protect myself against a Paypal appeal as I no longer trust this seller.

2 - I could sell the seats with a proper representation. Take out my original shipping fees and return the money to the seller

3 - I could throw them away

4 - I could donate them to goodwill

Seller has offered to provide a shipping label and return my original shipping costs once received (again, he has given me no reason to trust him) - but that still doesn't solve my paypal appeal exposure... and has alternatively threatened legal action to recover his goods. This has already been a giant waste of my time, and I just want to be done with this...

Seller's inability to admit that he was wrong in advertising these seats as Vintage Seats brand has me questioning whether I have been eating crazy pills....

Any advice is appreciated. I just want this to be over

I felt safe buying from this community.. but this place is a microcosm of the world.. and it is getting worse.