Thread: Installing Inner and Outer door Window seals (fuzzies) on a LWB Targa

Installing Inner and Outer door Window seals (fuzzies) on a LWB Targa

Wondering if anybody has any pics/comments of how the inner and outer door window felt/seals are installed on a LWB Targa. (mine is a 71)I had the car resprayed and I think there are mounting holes that were filled in during the process. I'm getting ready to assemble the glass/vent windows/door handles into the doors and a bit clueless on this part. any help/tips appreciated

member #1515
    Inner one clamps to the top edge of door with fuzz towards window. Outer is rubber squeegee that slides into all trim piece that gets pushed into holes at top outside of door.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

There is also an outer felt strip that snaps into holes that are in the inner flange at the outside edge .

Does anybody have a pic of what the inner fuzzie window seal looks like.? I received one, but I don't think it clamps on the RSTarga indicated above. Any help appreciated

member #1515
    inner seal is S shaped, slides over door edge, outer felt strip (mentioned above)has push pins that push into holes in door and outer seal slides under trim.
    David

member #1515
    You can find them on Pelican where I bought mine last time.
    David

Name:  door flange 2.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  78.6 KBName:  door flange 3.JPG
Views: 201
Size:  70.6 KBThanks, still slightly confused, apologies

1. confirming that the INNER is a u shaped rubber piece, with felt on inside, that PUSHES on to the inner flange that has the "bumps" to keep it in place.? (see pics)
    2. The Outer is 2 pieces, the flat chrome trim with the flat rubber "scraper" on it. This snaps on to the top of the door. And as Richy above stated above, there is another FELT that snaps into holes in the OUTER flange.? I think those are the holes that are covered up on mine (see pics)

Again, if anybody has any pics of the felts/fuzzies installed, would be much appreciated. Thx

Name:  door flange 1.JPG
Views: 191
Size:  77.6 KB

I don't have a targa, but hard to imagine it would not match coupe.
    So, there should be a series of holes, 6mm?, along that rolled-in edge inside the door, but outside of fitted window. Your first picture shows it. If the metalman filled those holes, I'd say your sol. The felt strip has buttons that fit into those holes to secure.
    Good luck.

member #1515
    If you run your fingers inside that outer edge you will probably find where he filled holes with bondo.
    If your body guy has bondo in his shop, go elsewhere.
    I can assure you they are still there.
    David

Yep, time for the dremel and a 6 pack. They my just may have a fill primer and paint over the holes, no reason to bondo the inside of the edge there. if anybody has pics of the installed set up, would be appreciative