Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer beware 1969 911e 119200370

Buyer beware 1969 911e 119200370

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232211459063

I am not usually a naysayer, but I need to inform anyone that may be curious about this car. I actually purchased it 4 years ago from the current seller. Turned out to be the worst buying experience of all time and I was eventually able to return the car. The pictures have not been updated since then. Same pictures. Same seller.

When I received the car the engine was literally seized despite being marketed as a strong runner. I was told it was numbers matching, however, the engine was not. In addition, the car had clearly been hit very hard and the driver's side 'A' pillar was visibly crumpled and poorly repaired.

This is when it gets interesting. The speedometer was swapped at some point between being photograped and being shipped to me. I believe the seller was triying to cover his ass because the first thing he said when I complained that the engine was seized was "How hard have you been driving the car? What is the odometer reading?" Sure enough I received a car with more miles than the one in the photos because it had a different speedometer.

I managed to return the car after paying shipping both ways yet was not refunded until many months and 100 emails later. Ultimately the only way I got my refund was after contacting the State of Nebraska Motor Vehicle Industry Licensing Board and opening an investigation.

It was an epic saga that lasted nearly 6 months. Who knows if the engine has been rebuilt or merely made to run temporarily. I know this sounds like a rant, but this type of experience can only be conveyed as such. Steer clear of this seller.
    Last edited by METAVINYL; 01-22-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks for the heads up. his is why this site exists (to inform its readers about Porsches) Hopefully anyone interested in this car sees this and orders a PPI on the car prior to purchase.

METAVINYL - thank you for sharing!
    On the eBay site, you can't enlarge the photos to study the car images closely, same on dealer's website.
    Classic Auto Sales, Inc., 10848 Blondo St, Omaha, NE 68164
    ------------------------------------------
    For the Record:
    1969 Porsche 2.0L 911E Coupe
    VIN: 119200370
    Engine: 6290692
    Trans: 7192436
    Color: Polo Red/Black
    Mileage: 84,265 (indicated on dealer website photo)
    Price: "Best offer over $75,000"

69E 1.jpg

69E 2.jpg

69E 3.jpg

69E 4.jpg

69E 5.jpg

Seller's Description:

Limited Production 911 E Coupe-Local Porsche-Polo Red-Black Leather & Corduroy Inserts Recaro Sport Seats Just Like Certificate of Authenticity Shows from Porsche- Only 930 Produced-Faster than a 911 S from 0-100 mph-Engine has just been rebuilt correctly by the only Real Porsche mechanic in the Midwest for the last 45 years-Complete overhaul-Pistons-Cams-Original Heads-Clutch etc. Done right=Check out the underneath- The old 911's all don't look like this-Very fast and Fun to drive.A Real Porsche-Not like the New ones.NADA says $106,900- Best Offer. New Factory Foglights ($1,200)
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 08-28-2019 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Added price
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

This is what makes this site great
    early S registry # 2596

What every engine needs,,,,a 5 blade fan
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

No wonder the motor is frozen, the top of the air cleaner is missing. Must still have biral cylinders.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

2nd Chance Hammerdown Classic Auction, Omaha, NE, September 9, 2020
    1969 Porsche 2.0L 911E Coupe, Lot #S51
    VIN: 119200370
    Engine: 6290692
    Trans: 7192436
    Color: Polo Red/Black
    Mileage: 84,265 (indicated on dealer website photo)
    Auction Estimate: -
    Sold for: NO SALE

69E 2.jpg

Auction Description:

*FINAL SALE PENDING OWNER CONFIRMATION*

Year: 1969
    Make: Porsche
    Model: 911 E Coupe COA
    Vehicle Type: Coupe
    Mileage: 84265
    Body Type: 2 door
    Color: Red
    Trim Level: COA- Sport seats
    Drive Line: 2WD
    Engine Type: 6CYL
    Fuel Type: Gasoline
    Transmission: Automatic
    VIN #: 119200370

Features and Notes:
    - Limited Production
    - 911 E Coupe
    - Polo Red-Black Leather & Corduroy Inserts Recaro Sport Seats
    - Just Like Certificate of Authenticity Shows from Porsche- Only 930 Produced
    - Faster than a 911 S from 0-100mph
    - Engine has just been rebuilt correctly by the only Real Porsche mechanic in the Midwest for the last 45 years-Complete overhaul-Pistons-Cams-Original Heads-New Clutch etc. Done right 100 miles since redone
    - Check out the underneath
    - The old 911's all don't look like this
    - Very fast and Fun to drive
    - A Real Porsche-Not like the New ones
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 10-21-2020 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Added sold for price.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Unbelievable. These are literally the same pictures from 7+ years ago. How does this guy sleep at night?

Looks like the final bid was $25k on the hammerdown website, good price or just a sunk 25k that will need another 100k to get her up to snuff?

Not quite yet. 3hrs left on the clock. I sure hope anybody interested in bidding finds this thread first.