Thread: New Event this September: Aspen/Snowmass

New Event this September: Aspen/Snowmass

From September 13-17 Aspen/Snowmass will host their annual Motoring Classic, with five days of car shows, a high-end car auction, track days, ralleys, and races. Porsche will be the featured marque on Saturday, Sept. 16:

http://rmvr.com/wp-content/uploads/2...LL-Lodging.pdf

Of particular interest, for the first time ever Rocky Mountain Vintage Racing will run a sanctioned through-the-streets vintage race at Snowmass as part of this event, on Thursday, September 14:

http://rmvr.yuku.com/topic/4035/Aspe...n#.WJH4-IWcG3A

Note that folks who volunteer to work that event are eligible for free lodging and/or very discounted lodging rates for other nights.

This promises to be quite a weekend, and for folks in the Front Range/Wyoming/Salt Lake City areas, is quite a bit more accessible than Telluride, where the annual Cars and Colors car show takes place the following week.

Rich

Racing by invitation only. And I just received my invitation, which I accepted immediately!

Sounds like this will be an awesome event.

914 Group will be there.
    Early 911S Registry member#775

Sadly, after only two runnings, in 2017 and 2018, the RMVR Snowmass street race has been cancelled permanently. Apparently, the situation became problematic with both the Town and the finances, which of course are not unrelated. The good news is that RMVR is actively exploring establishing a new street race, in Estes Park, possibly in 2019 but more likely 2020. For those of us who got to race Snowmass, well, woooo-hoooo! For the rest, stay tuned.

Rich

The Aspen Snowmass Motoring Classic – September 14: Vehicles of all shapes and sizes gather in Snowmass for a supped-up car show on Saturday, September 14, where guests can get up close and personal with cars and drivers. Car clubs in attendance include Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Audi, Corvette, and Viper. New for 2019, the Ducati Club of Denver showcases over 30 types of motorcycles.

Snowmass Wine Festival – September 14: A long standing summer tradition, the Snowmass Wine Festival features a weekend of wine tasting and pairing dinners, hosted by Rotary Club of Snowmass Village. Friday evening features a wine-pairing dinner, while the Saturday highlight is a three-hour grand tasting event with wines from all over the world.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

And for the guys looking to drive and be among some like-minded individuals, the guys that bring your Targa California and Targa Baja will be creating an event called Targa Colorado to parlay into this event.

Details coming soon
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

That is interesting. My five-year 1969 911T restoration should be done in a month or so...

I think this year I'll attend both Aspen and Telluride.
    Here is me and my 59 Super in about 1975 in Aspen. I paid $1400 for the car. I took the heads to Grady Clay and he refreshed the heads for $250. I later sold the car for $2500. I thought I was mister high finance.
    That car was previously owned by Vern Racek the service manager of Bob Hagestad Porsche. There is a nice article about the late Bob Hagestad and it mentions Vern in the April (latest) issue of High Gear the RMR PCA magazine.
    And my wife on Independence pass with our POLO 912. I spent 5 years in Aspen and attending a car event there would be cool. When in Aspen the Parade was in Sun Valley. When I moved to Sun Valley the Parade was in Aspen. Guess I'll have to do the Sun Valley event in the next year or two.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 04-21-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Targa Colorado just opened registration.

Details are here

http://www.targacalifornia.com

and registration is here:

https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/3160
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622