Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awaiting SCART Exhausts Product/Customer Support Since 2014!

Awaiting SCART Exhausts Product/Customer Support Since 2014!

Awaiting SCART Exhausts Product/Customer Support Since 2014!

Back in October 2014, I became the 1st American customer of SCART Exhaust.
    Reference to the "Premier Client American" can be found on their facebook page at:
    https://www.facebook.com/SCARTexhaus...01070880058342
    (See SCART Facebook page December 10, 2014)

I purchased the SCART 2-in 1-out Super Sound Race muffler polished stainless steel.
    At the time, this came out to over $1800 US delivered as the Euro was stronger at the time.
    So, this unit was more than twice the cost of any exhaust competitor.
    With that, I was expecting a top quality product without any issues.
    In addition, unparalleled product/customer support, as I was the 1st US customer.

See photo of SCART "polished SS" muffler with driver side flange fastened.
    Note the muffler seam is far from resting on the hanger support
    Note the passenger side flange is ridiculously out of alignment.

Timeline of events:
    10/2014 - Ordered SCART muffler
    11/2014 - 3rd party delivered SCART muffler and I immediately attempted to install (It did not fit)
    11/2014 - Notified SCART of fit-up issues (Promised to take care of all issues via replacement or repair)
    12/2014 - Saw Martin SCART at Cars & Coffee Irvine (Again Martin promised all issues would be taken care of)
    05/2015 - After no follow-up and/or response I sent Martin SCART an e-mail requesting product/customer support
    09/2015 - Saw Martin SCART at Rennsport V Reunion (Again, no follow-up and/or response)
    03/2016 - Spoke with Martin SCART at the Phoenix Club Show in Anaheim CA. (Again Martin promised all issues would be taken care of)
    12/2016 - I sent another e-mail requesting SCART product/customer support. (He again stayed consistent...no follow-up and/or response)
    01/2017 - I e-mailed Martin SCART making him aware of the thread that I replied to on SRegistry.
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ffler-is/page2
    01/2017 - Was contacted by 3rd party that delivered muffler
    01/2017 - Received e-mail from SCART representative notifying me that they are making my muffler and will send it to my address.
    02/2017 - Paid of $1800 US, received inferior product, no product/customer service received as of yet

After more than 2 years of being a neglected customer, I expect and "over and beyond" effort by SCART to win back his neglected "Premier Client American".
    But with the e-mail received from the SCART representative 01/2017, I was further disappointed and aggravated with their lack of client retention.
    Three things stuck out in the e-mail received from Guillaume BEAUMONT (SCART representative):
    1) "You have been using a first one for two years know, which is working properly" (It never fit)
    2) "We have built this new exhaust for you a year ago, and it remained at Fabien’s place for a whole year" (Was never made aware a muffler made for me)
    3) "This exhaust was not picked up by you and Martin took it to put it in our Inglewood workshop" (Was never made aware of this)
    After all of this expense and inconvenience for me the "customer", they have the gall to try to put the blame on me.

Moving forward, as expressed in a previous e-mail, I hope Martin SCART sees this as a "client retention" opportunity.
    To show current, and potential customers that Martin SCART will make things right.
    At this point, if he provides me a replacement muffler, then he will have executed what he should have done over 2 years ago.
    Where is the "over and beyond" effort to try and make up for my expense and inconvenience for an inferior product?

S Registry members, I would appreciate you input on this matter going forward.

Regards, Paul Rodelo
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Awaiting SCART Exhaust Product/Customer Support Since 2014!

Below is the e-mail trail I was referencing in my previous post.
    I had a co-worker write my 05/2015 e-mail in French to avoid confusion.

Re: Premier Client Americain
    To: Paul Rodelo <prodelo68@aol.com>
    Cc: Martin SCART <scartexhausts@yahoo.fr>; Vintage Autohaus USA <fabs@vintageautohaus.com>
    Date: Fri, Jan 27, 2017 7:03 am
    Hello Paul
    Martin Scart is abroad and not available at the moment.
    Please let me summarize the subject with your exhaust :
    - We will provide you a new exhaust made according to your specifications
    - You have been using a first one for two years know, which is working properly despite modifications which should have been made according to your demands
    - We have built this new exhaust for you a year ago, and it remained at Fabien’s place for a whole year
    - This exhaust was not picked up by you and Martin took it to put it in our Inglewood workshop
    - The raw grey finish we are doing now where not available tow years ago
    We would like you to be happy anyway so we will exceptionally rebuild an grey raw finish exhaust for you and we will take back your old one
    I will arrange this for you with the help of Fabien
    Best regards
    Guillaume BEAUMONT

SCART Exhausts
    33 1 39 901 911
    33 6 10 64 52 32
    www.SCART.com
    facebook.com/SCARTExhausts
    https://www.youtube.com/SCARTExhausts

Le 20 janv. 2017 à 06:24, Paul Rodelo <prodelo68@aol.com> a écrit :

Martin,

It is now 2017 and the Lit Show near LAX and the Phoenix Show in Anaheim is approaching quickly.
    Again, I am attempting to contact SCART and request your customer/product support.
    Note: I have recently responded to a post on the S Registry, regarding favorite sport mufflers.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ort-muffler-is

Although, the sound your product provides great, the lack of customer/product support received has been disappointing at best.
    I sure hope see this as a business opportunity to take care of your "Premier Client American" and make things right.
    In the Porsche car culture world in the United States "reputation is everything"
    After waiting more that 2 years for customer service, I will be satisfied with SCART shipping me a new 65-73, 2-in 1-out super sound muffler to my residence at no charge.

Shipped to:
    Paul Rodelo
    XXXX XXXXXXXX
    CA 90620
    XXX-XXX-XXXX
    prodelo68@aol.com

Again, a number of Porsche car enthusiasts are watching to see if SCART will back its product.
    I look forward to receiving at my residence the requested 65-73, 2-in 1-out super sound muffler prior to the Lit/Phoenix show.
    Keep in mind, I have owned an inferior SCART product since late 2014, which I paid top dollar for.
    On numerous occasions, and in person, I have requested and have been promised customer/product support.
    Please do not disappoint me with the claim that you are currently out of stock.
    I suggest you do, whatever it takes to make it happen

Either way, I will see you at the Lit/Phoenix show this year.
    I hope by then to have positive things to say about SCART and customer/product service.

Paul Rodelo

-----Original Message-----
    To: contact <contact@scart.com>; scartexhausts <scartexhausts@yahoo.fr>
    Cc: prodelo68 <prodelo68@aol.com>
    Sent: Mon, Dec 12, 2016 11:46 pm
    Subject: Re: Premier Client Americain

Martin,

I did see you in February at this years Phoenix Club Show in Anaheim California
    As discussed, I have had fit-up issues with the 65-73 "super sound" muffler since purchase in late 2014.
    In addition, the fasteners did not work, nor did the straps and the threads "galled" right away.
    I understand this was an early proto-type version however you promised you would correct any issues.
    I am forwarding the e-mails I sent previously without a reply/response.

Going forward, I would like you to provide me with a new 65-73 "super sound" muffler.
    I prefer one with the painted grey finish to appear as a stock muffler.
    In addition, I have at least 2-3 friends that are interested in the same muffler.
    However, they have held off purchase due to the issues I have experienced with your product.
    Please tell me what discount you can offer to Early 911S registry members?

In short, the potential purchase of additional mufflers will be determined by your "customer service".
    Please let me know what you decide as Early 911S registry and PCA members are awaiting your action.

Regards,

Paul Rodelo
    XXX-XXX-XXXX (Cell/Text/VM)
    prodelo68@aol.com

To: gb <gb@rstube.fr>
    Cc: prodelo68 <prodelo68@aol.com>
    Sent: Fri, May 8, 2015 2:31 pm
    Subject: FW: Premier Client Americain

“Salut Guillaume,

Sent: Friday, May 08, 2015 1:10 PM
    To: 'scartexhausts@yahoo.fr'
    Cc: prodelo68@aol.com; Rodelo, Paul J
    Subject: Premier Client Americain

“Salut Martin,

C’est Paul Rodelo, ton premier client Américain de silencieux de pot d’échappement de course SCART.
    Oui, j’ai bien vu la référence sur ta page Facebook, merci.
    Fabian m’a dit que tu avais redessiné/ amélioré les points d’attache du silencieux.
    De plus, le silencieux est maintenant disponible en finition brute avec bout polis.
    Comme discuté lors de notre rencontre, j’aimerai recevoir un silencieux de remplacement.
    Note: Je voudrais le silencieux en finition brute avec bout polis et je n’ai pas besoin des attaches de silencieux.
    J’attends ta réponse impatiemment.

Salutations,

Paul Rodelo
    Prodelo68@aol.com

Below is the fit-up I expected from the SCART Exhaust product.

See photo of my factory Leistritz "silver" muffler hanging loosely by the muffler clamps.
    Please note the muffler is seen resting on the hanger support.
    In addition, the flanges are inline at rest (without fasteners)

Swedewerks Survivor Cars SD Swede's Avatar
    I'll be watching closely as I've been considering one too. Hope it all works out Paul.
    Peter Andersson #2864
    Pinstriped Early 911 Club #1

Part of the problem with Porsche parts is that the market is very very small. A very good, and highly skilled, individual comes up with an idea and decides he can sell it to other people.

More often than not they have no idea as to how to run a business. They either have financial problems or customer support problems.

None of this will ever change. We've all been there and most likely we'll all be there again.

Richard Newton
    FIA Historic Rules

Pete,
    Yes I sure do hope things work out with SCART as well.
    Up to now...a lot of talk and empty promises.

Richard,
    I have to agree with you on every account.
    Still, I hope SCART will take this opportunity to make things right.
    After over 2 years of waiting, I expect an "over and beyond" effort.
    Poor customer/product service will break any business.

An example of a well ran business!
    ...."Auto Foreign Services"...Eric Linden aka "Soterick"
    Been doing business with Eric for years and have a great example of top product/customer service.
    Years ago, I purchase a correct "square" muffler tip from Eric at the Literature or Phoenix show.
    Had a muffler shop fit it on my Dansk muffler, but the tip split.
    So at the next event, I took the split tip to Eric and told him of the event.
    He asked if I attempted to install it on a later muffler with larger exit pipe diameter.
    I told him that was not the case and he immediately handed me a new one and apologized for the inconvenience.
    After further investigation, I confirmed that the muffler I provided to the muffler shop "was" a later model.
    So the muffler shop attempted to force it on which caused the tip to split....so....my mistake.
    At the next show, again I saw Eric and I handed him $100 and he looked confused.
    I explained what had happened, yet he told me to keep the money.
    I refused, and made him take payment and told him it was the principal of the matter.
    Top product/customer service goes a long way with me.

Thanks, Paul Rodelo

The previous photos posted referenced the incorrectly placed inlet flanges.
    Within this post, the below photos will reference the multiple areas that required grinding.
    Without the aforementioned grinding, the muffler would not fit in the correct location.
    In addition, the muffler would be directly hitting the body underside and/or bumper support.
    I'm sure one can imagine the number of times required to remove and install this unit to try and make it fit.
    Not what I was expecting after paying more than twice the cost of any other muffler competitor.

This post will reference the incorrectly placed muffler hanger guides.
    In the 1st photo, you will see the center of 1st hanger guide is 4 inches from the rib.
    The center location of the 2nd hanger guide is 3 1/4" form center rib.
    At fit up, the muffler hangers where not in-line with the SCART guides.
    As a result, additional grinding was required in order to make it fit.

As previously discussed:
    If SCART "replaces" (provides me with new and takes back old) muffler, then he will have executed what he should have done over 2 years ago.
    After all this time and inconvenience, this would be insufficient and unacceptable to me.
    I am curious to what length in effort SCART will do "BEYOND" the previous, to win back his neglected "Premier Client American"
    Up to this point....a lot of talk and empty promises.

Here is my latest e-mail correspondence with the owner himself.

Re: SCART Exhaust
    To: scartexhausts <scartexhausts@yahoo.fr>
    Cc: g <g@scart.com>
    Date: Thu, Feb 16, 2017 9:48 pm
    Martin,

Wow! it took more than 2 years, but I finally received a direct e-mail from the man himself, Martin SCART.

In October of 2014, I became the 1st US customer as my SCART muffler was delivered to my home by Fabien.
    I immediately attempted to install the muffler......unfortunately, it did not fit.
    Fabian contacted you on my behalf while still at my home (the same day).
    You were notified of the fit-up issues, and that is where the initial request for replacement started.
    Your response was you would modify the old, or ship a replacement.
    Either way, all fit-up issues would be taken care of.

I am NOT happy as I am still awaiting my replacement muffler for more than 2 years.
    I heard per Guillaume, a replacement muffler was made for "me" and was shipped to Fabian the Summer of 2015.
    This sounds great, but I was never notified the muffler existed, nor that Fabien received it.
    This makes no sense, as Fabien has had my contact information and address all along.
    Instead, it was delivered to you Martin at Rennsport V 2015, to be used in your display.
    I saw you and Fabien both at this event, yet neither of your made mention of "my" muffler.
    Then I saw you again, at the Phoenix Show 2016, and again, not mention made of "my" muffler.
    As soon as Fabian took delivery, I should have been contacted back in 2015.
    Now, we are in 2017 and remember, he delivered it to my home initially.
    So I am baffled by your claim that you never had my address.

I have never had complaints regarding how the product sounds.
    It just never fit and you promised to make things right over 2 years ago.
    What is unclear about this??????

Send Me My Replacement Muffler!
    Again, Fabien has always had my contact number and address since October 2014.

Paul Rodelo

To: prodelo68 <prodelo68@aol.com>
    Cc: Guillaume BEAUMONT <g@scart.com>
    Sent: Thu, Feb 16, 2017 8:16 am
    Subject: SCART Exhaust
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

Dear Paul,

I'm not actually in France, and it was difficult for Guillaume to contact me, that's why it took fews days for this e-mail.
    Please find my answer in your msg, your msg is not clear for us. Because you don't seems happy with your exhaust since 2 years but you'll be happy to have an other one !? SCART Exhausts have equipped more than 5000 Porsche, and your exhaust is one of our top 5 best exhausts. We are the only brand worldwide making 200 exhausts references in our own workshop. I personally believe that we do the bests exhausts for Porsche in the world. That's don't means you are obliged to like yours. If not, you are free to tell it, then the solution is may be not to have an other one ;-) If you are happy to have an new one, the normal way is to send the new one to Fabien, where you bought yours. We never had a direct commercial contact and you never send us your address.

Guillaume,

Yes I did receive your e-mail.

See my responses to your summary "in blue".

Hello Paul
    Martin Scart is abroad and not available at the moment.

What about the last 2 years?
    Please let me summarize the subject with your exhaust :
    - We will provide you a new exhaust made according to your specifications

Asking nothing more than what you provide currently on your website
    - You have been using a first one for two years know, which is working properly despite modifications which should have been made according to your demands
    I have owned it for more than 2 years.
    It never fit and therefore never worked properly.
    Where did you get this false information from?

- We have built this new exhaust for you a year ago, and it remained at Fabien’s place for a whole year
    No one affiliated with SCART ever made mention of an exhaust being made for "ME".
    My 1st knowledge of this claim was made last month of this year 2017.

- This exhaust was not picked up by you and Martin took it to put it in our Inglewood workshop
    How am I to pick something up that I am not made aware of.
    Do not attempt to put the blame on me!
    Again, where did your false information from?

- The raw grey finish we are doing now where not available tow years ago
    Again, requesting only what is currently available on your website.
    We would like you to be happy anyway so we will exceptionally rebuild an grey raw finish exhaust for you and we will take back your old one
    So by SCART shipping me a new exhaust and taking back the old one, SCART is executing what should have been done more than 2 years ago.
    I will arrange this for you with the help of Fabien
    Best regards
    Guillaume BEAUMONT

In short, SCART Exhausts Inc. has not only failed to provide product/customer service to their "Premier Client American"
    They are making false and inaccurate claims to reduce responsibility for their lack of business ethic and client retention.

Based on the data I have acquired via text, e-mails and in-person conversations with Martin SCART and/or those affiliated......

I used the SCART exhaust off-and-on through 2015.
    I noticed prior to Rennsport V (2015) Fabian had a SCART muffler on his tangerine car.
    So it appears other parties exhaust took priority over the exhaust for me.
    Why did not SCART make my exhaust prior to any other parties exhaust?
    Also, I am told this exhaust, that was made for me, was delivered to Fabians shop prior to Rennsport V.
    Why wasn't I made aware of the fabrication of the unit and its delivery to California.
    Instead it was delivered to Rennsport V and used for the SCART display.
    So, SCART did not put my best interest first. All along it was for his display.
    I've seen Martin at Rennsport V, Literature Show and The Phoenix Show.
    Never once was I approached and/or notified of "MY" exhaust nor given "MY"exhaust.

I'll be blunt: Your story, with inaccurate claims, has a number of holes in it.
    In your best interest, I suggest you "Martin SCART" do the following:

1) Take responsibility
    2) Admit wrong doing
    3) Do what ever it takes to win back your disgruntled client.

Martin SCART : Finally I think there is definitely too much misunderstood. And may be firstly between you and Fabien where you bought your SCART exhaust. I felt I have done my job with doing an other exhaust for you. May be admit yourself that I can't guess I would saw you in meetings. And final point you told me first than your SCART exhausts sounds very good. I remember than you an 911 exhausts collector. In your complain I never heard again what you are thinking about it. Once again, you're not obliged to like it.

In the United States, we call the aforementioned "To Man-Up"!
    Again, a lot of S Registry and PCA people are watching this and are awaiting action.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ort-Since-2014!

Kind Regards,

Paul Rodelo[/B]
    [/I]

I hope you paid by credit card. I would've refused payment long ago, let the vendor figure out how to get their product back and then I would've moved on to a good product that actually fits. Best of luck.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100