It's happening rain or shine 9am - 1pm

EASY
    4060 Harlan St
    Emeryville, Ca 94608

Regards

Jim
    RGRuppe Clubhouse Custodian

Well, it rained........

Just a bit of a drizzle in the early morning and then it poured! There was a mad dash to the exits. We had an incredible turnout considering the weather.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Jim Breazeale; 02-07-2017 at 06:17 AM.

A couple of more pictures. I'm waiting for the real photogs to post some pics.

That "mad dash" rivaled any Le Mans start I've ever seen
    911S registry #1103
    R-Gruppe #513
    1967 912 converted to 2.2
    Period Dune Buggy

Some drive Porsches' to be seen.....
    I prefer it when nobodys looking.

What a day. Left the house in bright sunshine, drove the 13 or so miles to EASY through a downpour, then it turned warmer, then sunny, then poured in Ememyville as well. It was the old Chicago proverb played out all morning long......................"if you don't like the weather here now, stick around 5 minutes and it'll be different". In spite of all that the turn-out was unbelievable, and interestingly, many folks & cars who normally don't show up came by............I guess real men don't mind getting their Porsches wet and grimy.

Delightful morning and a grand time was had by most. The dramatic weather conditions made for some fun photography.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

The final 2 images are of a Jaguar XK-E Roadster that was sent over by Fantasy Junction to see if it would be feasible to park the car among the Porsches to increase its visibility, but the salesman / driver decided against it since the car is on consignment and the owner wouldn't want to get it wet. Wise decision - I remember when I owned one of the very first E-Types in the country - the wetter, foggier and colder it got, the less enthusiasm to actually run and operform that sumbitch displayed....................curious behaviour from an English product, after all, they're made where the weather is similarly unpredicatble & miserable year 'round, but then of course Lucas electrics and SU carburetters back in those days never were paragons of reliability.
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 02-05-2017 at 05:30 AM.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

When it's coming down fairly hard, but you're just not ready to go home quite yet because you enjoy the company of your friends, you just hide inside EASY, eat a few more donughnuts and drink relly good coffee.....................it went that way all morning with no harm done ( photo #1 ). Not many better place to be cooped up than at EASY.

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."

This set shows some of the cars in attendance on a remarkable day.

Today the only model of Porsche not represented at the EASY get-together was a 928. Just about every other model was there.

Re photos #5 & 6, it's really good to see that the old Alex Blivvens Co. and its beautiful and well-done, distinctive all-alloy 'steely" wheels were bought by Boyd Coddington's son, who now sells them in all sizes and finishes through his "Coddington Company". If I had kept Ruprecht , a set of these in 7" & 8" would have wound up on it eventually.

Between rain showers I strolled over to Fantasy Junction to check out their winter inventory, andf as usual they had a delectable cross-section of just about every marque on hand. Some of the stand-outs shown below.

My personal favorite was the '53 FIAT Zagato 8V Coupe, with a nice pair of longhoods also displayed.

The'64 A.C. Cobra with race provenance proves to me just how sensible and intensly desirable that model is over the phallic and vulgar 427s.

The final car shot of the two Ferrari 275 GTBs, the red one, a '66 and the last production long nose model, and the silver unit a '67 GTB/4 with provenance, I'm throwing in for the sheer pleasure of seeing two of the most desirable collector cars ever next to each other looking splendid and regal at $2.2 and $3.150 million respectively.

Thanks for looking.

Nothing from me in March since that's the weekend many of us will be in LA enjoying the LA Lit Show.

JZG

John thanks as always for letting the rest of us enjoy the EASY meet-up vicariously through your photos. However, I am stunned to read you no longer have Ruprecht. That car is such a lovely build. The new caretaker must be thrilled.