Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Weber 46IDA 3C1 & Bounty Hunter Dune Buggy

FS: Weber 46IDA 3C1 & Bounty Hunter Dune Buggy

I have decided to sell my Bounty Hunter. I bought it from a person in CA, so it has some kind of CA numbers already attached to it. It does start, but the webers (46 IDA 3C1s) need work. It has a 140hp Corvair engine, and a 4 speed. I just recently bought a hard top,as I was going to cut the roll bar out, and put it on, but that will not happen. The 140 HP heads and adapters for the webers are not really cheap either. I have thought about parting out the buggy, but wanted to give someone a chance at the whole thing. I am asking $8400.00. bug 12.jpgbug 13.jpgbug 16.jpgbug 24.jpgbug 25.jpgbug 27.jpgbug 29.jpgbug 40.jpgbug 41.jpgbug 46.jpg

SO that blue tag makes it California street legal. Do you have the pink slip and what year is it registered as? If it is reg ed as a pre 1975 it is worth its weight in gold in Calif

No I reregistered it in FL, and they registered it as a 2005 :-(

Hello I have sent 2 emails and no reply? Send contact info please. Thanks George

George, the only emails I have seen, is a welcome to 911s registry, and I can't seem to be able to send a message to you. Usually I could click on your name, and there would be some kind of send you a message. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    SO that blue tag makes it California street legal. Do you have the pink slip and what year is it registered as? If it is reg ed as a pre 1975 it is worth its weight in gold in Calif
    California would go by the Vin on the Chassis and by everything I can see it's a pre-73 (change out in the seat rails for one but I believe the pedal cluster was different after 75 as well). Honestly, buggies are a dime a dozen but buggies with 46ida webers are not. The value is in the carbs and corvair engine.
    That's a pretty cool mod for the shifter. I've never seen anything like that. I'm assuming that's because they fitted the corvair transmission?

Good Luck With the Sale
    Last edited by jos.hall; 02-12-2017 at 10:40 PM.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Hello mike
    I attached to your message and sent my email address and asked for your phone number.

LOOK HERE FOR MY EMAIL ADDRESS………..eurosportgpv@gmail.com

THANKS GEORGE

Jos,
    I agree the value isn't in the buggy in itself, unless you know the history of the Bounty Hunter, and Deserter bodies. Anyway yes the main value is in the carbs, which is why I posted the buggy, and the carbs on this website, as I found that they would be better suited and appreciated on somebodies Porsche, than on some funky buggy.
    Mike

George,
    sent you an email
    Mike

So the buugy hasn't sold, so I will be parting out the buggy. First to go will be the webers, and the K&N air filters. I am asking $5700.00 plus shipping. I will post more pics in a different ad later today, but I just wanted to put them out there now.
    Mike
    321259 2683