Thread: FS: 1988 Porsche 928S4 - Excellent

FS: 1988 Porsche 928S4 - Excellent

This is a great example of the under-appreciated GT car - 928 S4. The S4 was improved over the original 928 and 928S in that it made much more power (320hp) and had a larger torque converter, updated front and rear end styling, better lighting, wider rear wheels and more.

This one has rare rear AC. Everything works, but the AC does need a recharge. It starts, runs drives excellent, and there are no clunks or rattles, no shimmies or shakes. I've driven this car well over 100mph and it just gets more solid and comfortable at speed. The odometer has just started working intermittently. There are two very small cracks in the dash board.

Great car for a driver that will continue to care for it, or even a collector. It's condition belies the 125k miles it has. If you want a really nice Porsche, before all the values go through the roof, and before this model takes off like the 911 - this is a great one to get.

$21,995

Last edited by greggearhead; 03-16-2017 at 04:57 AM.

Price lowered.

Your car is one of the 1328 automatic S4s delivered in the USA or Canada for the 1988 MY.

According to my records, it was delivered with the following equipment:
    M018: Sport steering wheel with elevated hub 30mm
    M139: Seat Heating - Left
    M220: Locking differential
    I302: Type designated on rear end
    M340: Seat heating - Right
    M347: Platinum anodized wheels
    M418: Protective side mouldings
    M474: Sport shock absorbers
    M494: Additional amplifier
    I513: Lumbar support - right seat
    I538: Right seat with positrol and lumbar
    M570: High output air conditioner (rear AC)
    I586: Lumbar support - left seat
    M650: Sunroof
    I691: CD-Player "CD-2" with radio
    I980: Seat cover - draped leather

GLWS

Theese cars were ridiculous. 138 mph cruisers. Like you were doing 70 mph on the highway. Dangerous, but the cops couldnt catch em Not even in the NEW 5.0 Mustangs OOh the memories

May I suggest you to buy the protection of the + terminal on the engine bay?
    The references are 928 612 871 02 for the cover and 928 612 073 00 for the protection cap. These are really inexpensive and send a good message to any 928 potential buyer who know these cars.

Also, the front spoiler is missing, and I suppose the engine protection plates.
    These are much more expensive in new (and the correct front spoiler for a 1988 is no more available from Porsche), but the first one can certainly be found in second hand from 928 International: http://www.928intl.com/

Have you checked the flex plate?
    http://members.rennlist.com/v1uhoh/9...earticleTH.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    Your car is one of the 1328 automatic S4s delivered in the USA or Canada for the 1988 MY.

According to my records, it was delivered with the following equipment:
    M018: Sport steering wheel with elevated hub 30mm
    M139: Seat Heating - Left
    M220: Locking differential
    I302: Type designated on rear end
    M340: Seat heating - Right
    M347: Platinum anodized wheels
    M418: Protective side mouldings
    M474: Sport shock absorbers
    M494: Additional amplifier
    I513: Lumbar support - right seat
    I538: Right seat with positrol and lumbar
    M570: High output air conditioner (rear AC)
    I586: Lumbar support - left seat
    M650: Sunroof
    I691: CD-Player "CD-2" with radio
    I980: Seat cover - draped leather

GLWS

Thank you for that info. I will check into the + Terminal cap for sure. Appreciate the insight.

Still available.