Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R I P Howard Shoemaker

with his 67 911

parked in 83
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just received a letter from Janice...Howard's wife.
    just find this thread...just sad.
    Howard was a very nice person.
    I love all his cartoons and other....
    RIP Howard

First met Shoe in about 1973 while driving through Omaha to my home in Denver. We corresponded regularly, and I ended up with several of his original cartoons. Went to his memorial service and displayed a few. His factory-published Porsche book is rare, though I have a copy for sale ($450), and some of the proceeds will go to Jan. Shoe's last Porsche was a red '67 911S coupe that he used to terrorize the streets of town. It eventually succumbed to rust and a worn-out engine and wound up in his garage, which was wall-papered with old Porsche posters that would be worth thousands today. I helped find a buyer for the car, which went to Europe and is--I hear--being restored. A friend bought dozens of his original cartoons and even commissioned some that have never been published; I'm now getting them ready to sell. I sure do miss him.