Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Original dashboard 911 2.7 RS 1972

Quote Originally Posted by Alan.uk View Post
    They are the same, I have several on the shelf but they belong to Cars. Just for file though the 74 on does differ slightly.

HTH

Alan
    I'd love to hear more about the differences. I have 70, 72, 74, and 75 dashes on the shelf and I can't see any differences at all. Would appreciate details.

JP

member #1515
    When did they eliminate the speaker cover? 74 or 75?
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

'75 was the last year for the speaker grill.

They are the same, I have several on the shelf but they belong to Cars. Just for file though the 74 on does differ slightly.

HTH

Alan
    I'm also curious. This is the first I've ever heard 74 , 75 dashes being different from the earlier dashes

Yes Alan elaborate please as I am sure the 74 Carrera dash I had is the same as any 70-73 dash I have had
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

It may be easier if I grab a pic or two.

I am back at the workshop later

Alan

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

HTH

Alan
    Is that the RHS mounting stud in a different place, more outward post 74?
    Last edited by fourteenten; 02-19-2017 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling

I saw that Lakewell is out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    99.99% it's the same dash.

Assuming so, it won't be cheap to find an original. I bought two very nice, uncracked original dashes last year in the $6k-$7k each range. Frank B. advertised one awhile back that was NOS (although with an incorrect, later speaker grill) for, I think, around $10k or so. Lakewell.com sells the best reproduction currently available for 890 euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Winters View Post
    I saw that Lakewell is out of stock.
    I have a Lakewell - new, never installed - for sale. I must warn you that the Lakewells need to be inspected as I've found significant variations in detail quality. The ones sold a year ago had speaker grilles that appeared to have been perforated by a drunk with a hand drill... The more recent ones have improved, but as they are hand made, they should not be expected to satisfy perfectionists. Oh, and the surface texture is close, but no cigar. That's why new-appearing originals like Frank's bring the big bucks.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Evening, sorry it was my mistake in my memory. The difference I remember was not the dash top but the door tops. From 74 they become slimmer after the front section.

Thanks
    Alan