Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recaro IdealSitz-S Help Needed

the part numbers of the spacers were: left 66.10.00 / right 66.20.00. the assumption by uai that this did not exist during the production of the ideal seat "S" is unfortunately also wrong. of course you can mount an ideal s on it. but these spacers only fit on some brackets (very flat - like in your photo)- as far as I know vw models - is also in your pictured description.

Hope I could help a bit.

regards uwe

Quote Originally Posted by recarno View Post
    the part numbers of the spacers were: left 66.10.00 / right 66.20.00. the assumption by uai that this did not exist during the production of the ideal seat "S" is unfortunately also wrong. of course you can mount an ideal s on it. but these spacers only fit on some brackets (very flat - like in your photo)- as far as I know vw models - is also in your pictured description.

Hope I could help a bit.

regards uwe
    Thank you. I just did a quick search for those part numbers but nothing came up, unfortunately.
    Last edited by blue72s; 10-03-2022 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    I have some of these somewhere.
    For sale ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue72s View Post
    Thank you. I just did a quick search for those part numbers but nothing came up, unfortunately.
    where did you search?

regards

uwe

Quote Originally Posted by recarno View Post
    where did you search?
    Sorry, I should have said Google search.

well, the parts are from the 70s. you thought you could google the part numbers? did you then want to order the parts from recaro factory? sorry - that doesn't work anymore :-))

regards uwe

I'm thinking of getting a pair of horizontal (flat) non-tilting brackets and I'll use the tabs from the sliders for adjusting the rake if that's OK (rear tabs at lowest point, and front tabs at middle or highest point)

Question - Are these genuine Recaro?

Name:  R1.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  150.1 KB
    Name:  R2.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  109.2 KB

My concern is - Will the cross bars get in the way under your thighs or bum? Were the brackets really meant for hard bucket shells?
    Last edited by blue72s; 10-15-2022 at 05:47 PM.

you can't see much of the brackets. show us if you like what they look like in full view. I certainly don't think they are from recaro, because recaro never made anything like that. also the english lettering isn't really recaro and i can't assign the number 350 to anything. if you have the opportunity, then weigh one of the mounts. the original R or RSR mounts weighed about 300 grams. these were also not marked. neither sticker nor embossed number. so i'm betting on a replica of the brackets from american production. you can of course still use them if they fit. I share your concerns about the 4 holes in the rails. if they get stuck on the vehicle floor, you can saw off individual holes, you wouldn't be the first to do that. Hope I could help a bit.

regards uwe

Full view:
    Name:  R3.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  109.9 KB

ah ok, i misunderstood you. thought those were the R/RSR cross braces. So the console is definitely not a Recaro product. you have to try it out if it fits and works with the rails.

regards uwe