Thread: Pivot points for soft back window Targa frame

36 year PCA member

Pivot points for soft back window Targa frame

I could be wrong but I believe these are the right and left Targa frame pivot points that are welded on to the inner structure. They look solid on both the inner side and outer side of the inner structure which I would think would be pretty rare as they are open on the outside of the inner structure.
    These came off of a 67 Targa. I think these are the pivot points for the steel frame for the fabric cover, if they are something else please relate. I just bought the shell and did not disassemble the car and don't have the frame.
    1st photo is outside, 2nd is inside of quarter inner structure.
    Will cut wherever but smaller the area the cheaper shipping will be. $300 plus shipping and fees.
    Last edited by Slcarr; 03-17-2017 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Delete

I just finished restoring the targa top for my 1970 and I don't recall seeing anything like that as part of the frame at all.
    I have been on the site for years and really hesitate to post comments. The members seem so knowledgeable that I am a bit fearful of posting
    But I just had every piece of the targa top apart in my hands and I don' recognize those parts,

I believe Steve is referring to the body of the car not the back window.
    Jim

Too many Porsches and one VW are starting to fill up my desert landscape.

https://www.instagram.com/1967s_307184s/

If your willing to split them up I'd take the right side for $150.00 plus shipping and Ill pay PayPal.

Not to rain on anyones parade bit those are not soft window pivot
    The pivot is the hole at the bottom of the targa bar
    Those look like seat belt anchor or some customisation
    now on the road 914-6
    now in the shop for concourse resto 11850275 S SWT
    daily driver B8 S4 stage 2