Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Raj? varunan123 ?

What happened to Raj? varunan123 ?

Hope nothing bad or stirring up bad things.

I'm trying to learn about the ST's and I'm reading a lot of threads where it seems his posts are completely gone.

Just wondering if I'm missing anything to get those posts??

I think he deleted all of his posts and went on to other things.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Seems to me like we really shouldn't be able to do that no matter the circumstances.

This looks like a great 'community', and like in other forums, the content is symbiotic and can't exist alone. IMHO posts shouldn't be consider 'property' that can be removed later. If given freely it should stay.

Otherwise what's the point?? Why invest? What if more people decide to do the same? Just diminishes all of us.

Sorry for the circumstances that may have led to this but honestly should not be allowed to be repeated.

Took all his toys and went home. Looks like his mother didn't teach him some things.

btw... aren't the "Where is Raj" threads usually deleted by now? Could be wrong. Hard to keep track.

Banned
    Ban on deleting our own posts?

Very.
    Bad.
    Idea.

We have enough legislation here already.

Raj left a legacy for sure. I appreciated his brashness and willingness to say what he thought; no matter how wrong he was.

The lesson for everyone is to exercise a spirit of selflessness. Deleting posts as a method of retribution is childish.

I predict this thread will be shut down in 30 minutes.
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Banned
    Give mods a little credit.

They would never do that.

Want to understand the alternative.......Why is ban on deleting own posts a bad idea?

The foundation of forums like this one is shared knowledge and experience, and 'building' onto it over time.

If you give people the ability to affect that (by deleting their posts).......there is less foundation.

The ban on deleting is simple. If you can't participate with that in mind then so be it.

But if you now go back through these threads.........it's disruptive at best.

Not fair to the community.

In addition, we are all victims of our anger and brash behavior. Un-doing something like this that you now may regret I'm assuming is impossible.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nikojo View Post
    Want to understand the alternative.......Why is ban on deleting own posts a bad idea?

The foundation of forums like this one is shared knowledge and experience, and 'building' onto it over time.

If you give people the ability to affect that (by deleting their posts).......there is less foundation.

The ban on deleting is simple. If you can't participate with that in mind then so be it.

But if you now go back through these threads.........it's disruptive at best.

Not fair to the community.

In addition, we are all victims of our anger and brash behavior. Un-doing something like this that you now may regret I'm assuming is impossible.
    "not fair"...

Hummm... a familiar term these days.

I refuse to get into a political debate ONLY because that's the micro-aggression the mods need to delete this thread. This is a very worthwhile discussion so we don't want this thread to be vaporized.

The day I can't moderate or delete my own words in any community that I'm part of it's Go Time.

Just curious nikojo: What safe space do you call home? Where do you live and vote?

Chicago Illinois. Libertarian.

My point is not to do something to take away your 'rights'.

Quite the contrary, trying to protect your right to enjoy this community.....Otherwise it's not a 'community'.

If we all started deleting our posts from a series of years......it would be swiss-cheese.

You sound pragmatic. What would be the point to delete your own years of posts, other than to be 'punitive'? Is that in the best interest of the group, or for that matter yourself? I think you would agree.

When my 'rights' starts to step on your 'rights', it's not longer a 'right'.

Is it ok for someone to be disruptive during a movie by speaking loudly.......free speech or my right to pursue happiness (watching a movie)?

A disruption is a disruption........if it's not constructive why should we support it??

Aren't we (you) trying to build something together here?