Thread: WTB: Nearly Impossible to Find Toolkit Items

trkaus

Smile WTB: Nearly Impossible to Find Toolkit Items

Hi all members

I've had a mission for many years to collect a tool kit for all porsche 356 and 911 cars from 1950 to 1973. It's been an obsession I guess.
    My collection is not perfect, kits ranging from average to excellent.

I'm nearly there but still require a few difficult to find items and which are:

1954 356 vinyl tool kit with three pockets on the flap
    1964 911 tool kit bag, smooth with the pins and tabs
    One more set of DFS wrenches, large font, milled

Forum members have been very helpful to me during the course of searching for the items related to the above and I appreciate that.
    There are some very authoritative collectors and amazing collections in the USA and in Europe, some well known and some nearly invisible.
    Most would have links to this forum. Perhaps there are some duplicates of the items I am looking for somewhere.

I have found that with time zone differences being what they are, being able to respond first to posts is almost impossible.
    Twice I've missed out on a 54 kit for this reason. So, giving it my best shot, one more post to see what might happen.

I'm also curious to know of others with this same obsesssion. Might be worth a few posts on "Tool Rolls and Contents" Allen?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, and I thought I had it bad......

Great collection Trevor. Can't help but good luck.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Nice stuff.

I was offered a '64 911 toolbag at the Lit Show for $3500. I took an hour to think about it and it and when I returned it had been sold. Snooze and lose I guess.

Not a single travel kit? That is disappointing.

wow.... just wow. I hope you have insurance on that cabinet.

~J~
    air cooled only

trkaus
    Hi Jules
    A couple of travel kits 356 and 911 bottom shelf right side

trkaus
    mmmm... $3500 is getting up there. I remember many years ago at Steamboat Springs I was offered a 356 Carrera tool new in the box for $1000 and knocked it back. Later a friend showed me his amazing purchase - the same tool purchased for $2000. There must be a lesson there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by trkaus View Post
    Hi Jules
    A couple of travel kits 356 and 911 bottom shelf right side
    ok, missed those... sorry. I have a green travel kit so you can fill that huge void that can is taking up

~J~
    air cooled only

Did you know that the early travel kits, the red 356A kits, were stamped? A kit for a super was stamped super in black block letters on the buckle side. Normal kits were unstamped. I have had a number of travel kits over the years and have only seen two red super travel kits. Pretty rare I'd say. I also once had a Carrera 2 travel kit, grey with 4 Cam specific items but no stamping. It is possible the stamping was done by dealers but 356 lore used to hold that is was done at the factory.

I also sold a 356 Carrera T2A tool kit proper for a T1 as well because it had the boxed 7/8 wrench and the stamped 7/8. About ten years ago maybe. I got 10,000 USD. I wonder what it would fetch today?
    Last edited by steve shea; 03-28-2017 at 06:46 AM.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club