Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All you over priced restoration shops take note!

All you over priced restoration shops take note!

I had them do an hours worth of restoration work on my car, it only cost me $75 bucks. Got my car back today not sure what they did.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-356-...p2056016.l4276
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Fit and finish is obviously top notch. See Rolls (Frolls?)

~J~
    air cooled only

Obviously not a good seller. Misleading ads are the very first warning sign here. That and the lack of item description leaves you no resolution of the received item. Buyer beware. Something stinks in Denmark.

Something is not right here. There are some really good shops in the West Palm area. Klub Sport, 901 and Gunner Racing to just name a few. I've never heard of this eBay place.

I do know that you can't run a business in FL with a $75.00 shop rate. At least not a quality shop.

I think I need to know a little more here.

Richard Newton
    Porsche Concours College

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardnew View Post
    Something is not right here. There are some really good shops in the West Palm area. Klub Sport, 901 and Gunner Racing to just name a few. I've never heard of this eBay place.

I do know that you can't run a business in FL with a $75.00 shop rate. At least not a quality shop.

Richard Newton
    I'm a pretty simple guy and even I know what's going on here: This is a shop that has a cash flow problem and trying a new model to generate $$$. Sounds to me like the beginning of the end.

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    I had them do an hours worth of restoration work on my car, it only cost me $75 bucks. Got my car back today not sure what they did.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-356-...p2056016.l4276
    I googled the phone number and found their website.

It says "We specialize in Porsche restorations, electric vehicle applications, no warp blasting and apholstry. All done in house at our location in west palm beach florida."

If only I were closer I could have them convert my 911 to all-electric and install new apholstry. They also have a talent for capitalization.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Banned
    I always find it fascinating that some people assume everyone else views through the same lens as they do. How short sighted to underestimate the scrutiny of the public? Especially in this arena.

If someone can't even get details right on their website why would a customer trust them with the details of restoration?

Located in West Palm Beach?

That's gotta be Gunnar Racing ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Love you, Uncle KJ!!
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Richard Newton
    Porsche Concours College
    I do $85.00 for full restoration. Tarpon Springs Florida. 3 staff.
    Need 2-3 cars to keep it smooth.
    Not getting rich by any means.
    Labour of love.
    LOOKING FOR 1967S TRANSMISSION #103586
    Looking For 1969T Engine #6195922
    Looking For 1969T Transmission #7194313

Looking for 1969T Transmission #7195495
    www.tcspeed.com

Something is not right here. ...

Richard Newton
    Porsche Concours College
    Well, it is just that ONE hour they're offering at $75, maybe the others are $200. ;-)
    Early S #2826

Garage:
    '73 E (2.7RS replica) - sold
    '94 968 Clubsport M030 - sold
    '67 250SE Cabriolet - sold
    '71 Skyline GT - sold
    '69 911S - sold
    '73 911T/RS