Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kind of a long shot - looking for a '70 911S car..

Kind of a long shot - looking for a '70 911S car..

Hi all,

I recently bought a 911/02 1970 2,2S engine. Engine number *6300400*
    I have been told that the chances are that the matching S chassis is still around. What I know of the engine:

• Jack McAllister sold the engine to Perry Kiehl around the year 2002.

• Jack McAllister sold the chassis shortly after selling the engine to a guy in Texas, he doesn't remember his name, also in 2002.

• Attached a picture of the S as it looked in 2002. It had widened flares for RSR replica purposes

Does anyone know this car? Or maybe in the Texas area a clue where to look?

Any help is appreciated!

Best,

Jesse

Name:  RSR roller-no-engine.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  77.4 KB
    Last edited by Jesse-911E 1969; 03-31-2017 at 07:46 AM.

Might wanna post that engine number . . .

. . . also --- another thread . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...d-Found-Thread

We Can Be Heroes

If you knew the chassis number, you could write the Texas DMV and they would tell you within a week who all the registered owners in Texas are/were. That's how I tracked down my car's original owner.

Ravi
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Hi Ravi,

That is a great tip! I could try to get the Kardex to obtain the VIN number..

also the Texas division on the Early S registry or R- Gruppe might know the car. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Thanks, also posted in the Texas part of the Forum.

Update: the VIN number belonging to the engine is 9110300307

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-911E 1969 View Post
    . . . VIN number belonging to the engine is 9110300307 . . .
    Excellent!

We Can Be Heroes

Got a respons from the DMV Texas:

After searching our vehicle records, we were unable to find any records for the VIN you provided. Our records are purged after ten years of inactivity. As such, even if the vehicle was last titled in Texas, we have no way to obtain any previous owner information.

I know this is not the information you were hoping for, but we wish you luck in your search to track down the original vehicle. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance and have a wonderful day!

So what's next? Contacting all the DMV's? Or you guys think this car was exported or wrecked?

You were fortunate that the Texas DMV was willing to search for you. At one time, all state DMVs were happy to provide this service for a small fee (or maybe even free), but more and more states simply don't offer this service because of increasing privacy concerns and associated local legislation that eliminated it. Only by going to the different DMV state websites will you be able to see who still offers this. Other members here can chime in re their state's DMV search laws.