Thread: Nsu tt/ tts

Nsu tt/ tts

With the passing of John Glenn the other year I was sent an article telling why he did not own a Corvette but instead an NSU Prinz. After reading the article I did some brief searching and further reading about the NSU brand. One of the photos reminded me of a car I had seen in a junkyard while on an automobile adventure with one of my friends. Upon digging up the photos I realized that the car in question was an NSU TT maybe even a TTS. This week this same friend was picking up another car from this same junkyard and I just had to look at this little German car.

Many photos were taken but unfortunately this NSU seems a bit too much of a project for me at this time. This is due to my other projects which outstanding/not complete and I was really set on holding out for a TTS. This one looks to have quite an interesting history; according to the dash plaque this car was driven to win the 1973 SCCA Solo II G stock class. According to the SCCA historical results listed in rule book the driver was John Meek of Fort Collins, CO; In 1975 it looks like he was the G stock champion again but instead in a Civic. The car clearly has a racing past and has some upgrades such as the front oil cooler and front badge from a TTS but the engine had a single carb and chassis number of a TT. Looks like it was originally red but bondo'ed up and repainted in orange at some point in its past.

I will keep my eyes peeled for one of these gems at some point in the future. Who thought 100hp economy car could be so cool?

-Andrew
    '72 911E
    '82 931, '92 968, '93 968
    S Reg #1074