Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 301035 (Mine) April 65 911 Bali Blau Black

FS: 301035 (Mine) April 65 911 Bali Blau Black

I think I have mentioned in the recent past that the wife and I are looking into at least partial retirement. Wishy washy markets and the Millenials (ask Frank) Have me contemplating my sanity daily. Therefore I reluctantly offer up 301035. A RARE BAli Blau Black Car. 301 036 was owned by Magnus and can be searched online to see a picture of this cars potential and beyond (the resto on 301036 was sos so) She is all matching serials including the Webasto. She was purchased in Stuttgart and then sent to Santa Monica, CA for 2 owners. THird owner took her to Arizona then returned it back to Calif where I purchased her in Huntington Beach, CA. As near as I can figure this car spent her entire life in the dry western climate. She is a very Dry car. The only rust I have been able to find is in the front pan, brought on by the Drip tray under the hood vent going missing for a long time. The battery box has surface rust but is very much in tact. The original Bali Blau paint is visible under the yellow all over. A magnet test was performed and the only place a magnet will not stick is in the last 2 inches of the driver rear above the tail light which probably explains the replacement of the deck to a 1967 or 68.

She has all of her original gauges all dated between 2/65 and 4/65 Clock does not work. I have photographed the car inside and out and placed them on photobucket. Some are redundant as I merged them from 2 sources but pictures of all parts including solex 40PI's, correct breather and all spares are shown including 5 date correct refinished Lemmerz by Boltons. The car has all original tinted glass except the passenger door which was broken. I have a replacement sourced and in the pictures.

Engine runs strong at idle but the Webers on the car need to be gone through. I get her to run and she goes strong then starts lunging like she is getting dirt in the jets? Not sure. Matching transmission goes through all of the gears. Synchros need attention as you have to find every gear. The deck in the picture is from a 65 912.

Please PM with your interest? I will answer any questions and make it available for inspection. Car is in Santa Fe Springs, CA

Asking xxx or Best Link to photobucket is at bottom PRICE Reduced 135,000 USD
    Cheers
    Randy
    KARDEX 1035.jpg
    http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/tr...?sort=3&page=1
    Last edited by trdking; 04-13-2017 at 06:03 AM.

Wow Times have changed. List an early 65 Car for sale for 3 days, 295 views and not so much as a single comment?

Banned
    Not sure how I missed it. I must have been working that day.
    Awesome color but perhaps a bit optimistic on the price? Maybe adjust and the phone will ring.

You're my hero; simplifying is a noble goal.

Good luck.

I know the price is optimistic But I also did add OBO. I assume most everyone here knows that means bring a best offer?

Thanks for the encouragement Frank. For a long time I had a hard time letting go. Fellow Hoarder. We live in a 6 bedroom house with no more kids at home. Why? It is going away as well and we are looking at smaller house bigger Garage (but not too big)
    I am already scaling back on my client list (they are not happy at all) But figure I can Pay cash for a smaller house, reduce my business overhead by 30K a month and work half as much. The wife can retire 100%. It is already starting to feel great.

If someone is interested in my Bali Blue car. April 65 And Very dry Bring me an offer. You cannot insult me. All I can say is yes or no.

Cheers all

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    Matching transmission goes through all of the gears. Synchros need attention as you have to find every gear.
    Randy, that sounds like a shift linkage issue, not a synchro or transmission problem.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Jon B View Post
    Randy, that sounds like a shift linkage issue, not a synchro or transmission problem.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA
    Thanks Jon! I replaced all of the bushings and rebuilt the knuckle. It finds all of the gears but will grind at times. Seems very sloppy. Is it maybe too much wear in the actual Shifter? Everything else is tight and I adjusted the throw off of the tutorial in the specs forum.