Thread: Tires for 6 and 7 inch rims in 2017

Tires for 6 and 7 inch rims in 2017

I used the search function and read a lot of posts, but I didn't come up with much.
    I'm looking for tires for my 1969 with 6s on the front and Harvey's 7Rs on the rear.
    Most of the tires recommended in older posts are no longer available, at least in the sizes we need.
    I'd like to find tires that look period, but those choices seem limited so I'm open to anything that will work well.
    Vredestein Sprint Classics look the part and their 185/70 15s would be fine on the front. 185/70 is small for 7" rims and I'd like to get something wider and a little larger on the rears anyway.
    I had Yokohama ES100s 205/60 15 in the front and 215/60 in the rear. They didn't look period, but they did a great job. The ES100s are no longer made, and the replacement isn't available in those sizes. Pirelli P6000s, could work with 185/70 in the front and 195/65 in the rear. I've heard mixed reviews.
    I'd appreciate your advice.
    Thanks,
    Alan

My favorite is Goodyear Eagle Sport in 195 X 65 and is 'V' rated, most 15's are not.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I've had very good luch with Dunlop Direzza 205/15/50 They look good and work well on 6 and 7" wheels. I'm very particular about having sidewalls that look square. I don't like the stretched or bulging looks. The 50 aspect ratio does look a little low when compared with the classic style, but it's not too out of place and they actually handle well.
    1967 911R tribute
    08 Cayman S Sport GT3 Orange
    16 Audi S3 Black

Gone: 93 RSA, 91 964, 13 Boxster, 15 Macan S, 05 Lotus Elise, 00 M-Coupe, 71 914-6, 75 Carrera, 11 997 GTS etc..

Has anyone driven the new Continental ExtremeContact Sport? I too am running 205/15/50 size on my '70 coupe and am shopping for replacements for my old S03's. The Contis are priced competively at about $92/per with a $70 prepaid Visa from Continental.

Sugarfootfarm
    1970 E, 1987 3.2 Cabriolet
    1960 356 B Coupe

I raced the Conti EC-S for a long time before discovering a loophole that allowed me to switch to Hoosiers. However, as my car is now being reclassified I'll have to stop running the Hoosiers, which may mean going back to the Conti's. They are perfectly reasonable in all respects, particularly given that they are dirt cheap so who cares if I burn though a set every few race weekends?

Rich

member #1515
    XWX and CN36 are available again in the correct 185/70-15 and 215/60-15
    Expensive, but correct.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

I have the same wheels, 6 x 15 deep on front, 7 x 15 deep ( Wiedman modified) on the rear. If you want a good handling car then I suggest 205/50-15 front and 225/50-15 rear. The tires I have are Toyo Proxes RA 1's, not sure if you can still get them but even though they are old they work great. Last week I put some other wheels on the car that were 6 x 15 all around with 185/70 - 15's ( New Bridgestones I think) and they felt like I was driving on ballons. Noticable difference in performance.

Rodger