Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Blaupunkt Frankfurt rear mounting bracket...

WTB: Blaupunkt Frankfurt rear mounting bracket...

I am in need of the U shaped bracket that secures to the back of the Frankfurt which secures the radio into the car's factory bracket (70-911) just behind the radio. Thank you

BUMP PLEASE for the bracket I need...thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    BUMP PLEASE for the bracket I need...thank you all.
    Call me

Regards

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Call me

Regards

Jim
    Jim - any luck finding what I need since our conversation the other day? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    Jim - any luck finding what I need since our conversation the other day? Thank you!
    Sorry Steve

I've pretty much turned this place upside down and can't find one.

Ciao

Jim

Steve,

It might help,your search to know that the U bracket was one part in the full 69> radio installation kit 7 608 568 000. Source: the 1st August 1972 dated Blaupunkt price list / colour catalogue that came among my 73 model year 911's history files. I assume from your details it is for installation in a 73 911 S?

The Blaupunkt radios at that time were sold as a base unit then the various installation kits tailored that base to the marque/ model dash "architecture" using correct, bezel, knobs, clips, wiring etc, etc and provided option of kit either with or without a speaker. Here is the actual reference to the full kit as shown in that old source:

image.jpg

Picture below might help identify the U bracket I think you are seeking but this one is not for sale because I'll need it for my own car if I choose to remove the blanking plate and reinstate a Blaupunkt radio in the dash. Sorry the shot is a bit dusty/ unclear but didn't want to bust open the original sealed blister pack just for photo:
    image.jpg

The U bracket I'm referring to and have pictured is item #7 in the Blaupunkt installation papers for 1969 below

image.jpg

Hope you find one.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 04-14-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Steve,

It might help,your search to know that the U bracket was one part in the full 69> radio installation kit 7 608 568 000. Source: the 1st August 1972 dated Blaupunkt price list / colour catalogue that came among my 73 model year 911's history files. I assume from your details it is for installation in a 73 911 S?

The Blaupunkt radios at that time were sold as a base unit then the various installation kits tailored that base to the marque/ model dash "architecture" using correct, bezel, knobs, clips, wiring etc, etc and provided option of kit either with or without a speaker. Here is the actual reference to the full kit as shown in that old source:

image.jpg

Picture below might help identify the U bracket I think you are seeking but this one is not for sale because I'll need it for my own car if I choose to remove the blanking plate and reinstate a Blaupunkt radio in the dash. Sorry the shot is a bit dusty/ unclear but didn't want to bust open the original sealed blister pack just for photo:
    image.jpg

Hope you find one.

Steve
    He is not looking for the "U bracket". He is looking for a metal piece that attsaches to the rear of a Blaupunkt Frankfurt "short chassis" radio. It extends from the rear of the radio chassis and mates with the "u bracket".

Regards

Jim

Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nicely done, Mike.

Ah Steve is not looking for a "u bracket" he wants a "u bracket"
    Good luck within the search

S