Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie in need of help! What the hell have i bought?

Now offending post deleted.....

Welcome Will, you'll find ours is (most of the time) a helpful board and the best source of Early 911 info there is....

Cheers,
    Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Will
    that number is the "production number" in LWB cars which at least one seems to be. It wont help with the vin or the spec of the car but will give you the model year and whether it was originally a 911 or 912 and a couple of other things. It will also be stamped into the dash below where the ashtray is in the centre. It would be worth looking for those numbers first.
    it would appear that at least the more complete car should have that piece intact and looks as if it may have the part in the front with the vin number intact as well. The other one looks like most of the sheet metal has been modified or cut out so neither number may be there.
    Last edited by HughH; 04-27-2017 at 01:02 AM.
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

I think I'd start an Art project sth like that or a coffe table
    Name:  Deritend_Car_Park.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  167.0 KB

Good story, to see where it leads. Good photos in photobucket's album

I understand where trdking is coming from, he just didn't state his point very well! It is quite obvious what this stuff is, not sure what the point of this thread is. Good Story? What Story?
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Thanks for the words of wisdom so far fellas. My tetanus shot are up to date! I know what i paid for the shells, i am very confident i am on the right side of what they are worth. So maybe not an idiot! Anyway, i took some better pictures of the crayon numbers of the more complete shell.

How many digits is it meant to be? I made it to be 1894192

Assuming the crayon number is the number we think it is, how do i go about finding out more information about the shell? Ill get in the more complete shell tomorrow and have a poke about under the ash tray area. Thanks for your help.

thanks again.

Will
    Last edited by Willchappell1; 04-27-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: error

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    I understand where trdking is coming from, he just didn't state his point very well! It is quite obvious what this stuff is, not sure what the point of this thread is. Good Story? What Story?
    I do not know the programming of the numbers. According to my eye the numbers could be 891192? 891492; Regarding history. I like to see that there are still barns to visit, I just like to believe in that idea

I think the number is 1091192.

109xxxx = 1969 911 coupé.
    Thomas
    1973 911S Targa

The point is that there are enthusiasts who enjoy our hobby (sickness) and want to encourage others; being snarky and self-satisfied is not a nice characteristic and does not encourage others to join in.

Whilst it may be 'obvious' to you what the cars are, it is an interesting journey for the guy who bought them.

I, for one, am happy he chose to post here.

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Wink I don't think I would park in this parking lot!

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    I think I'd start an Art project sth like that or a coffe table
    Name:  Deritend_Car_Park.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  167.0 KB
    Wow, do you suppose those are cars that didn't get picked up before closing time?