Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie in need of help! What the hell have i bought?

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    I understand where trdking is coming from, he just didn't state his point very well! It is quite obvious what this stuff is, not sure what the point of this thread is. Good Story? What Story?
    Its called poor judgement from Somas and IPAs. It did not come out right, but man what is barely recognizable here?

Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    . . . man what is barely recognizable here? . . .
    There are cars that 've come as far . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-of-a-RHD-2-2S

. . . even further

Attached Images Attached Images    

We Can Be Heroes

Will, why don't you ask the question on DDK seeing as your a Brit.? Maybe someone may recognise the shells and have a tale to tell.
    My guess is the ID for these are probably long gone. Hope you prove me wrong though. Good luck.

Hadn't thought to try DDK, will put a post up on there. I thought this forum might be worth a try as it was highly recommended by a few IB'ers. Had a look in both shells today with a wire brush. Nothing under the dash where the ash tray would be. Nothing on the bulk head, or on near the bonnet lock catch. So, i suspect you are right Stretch, the chassis numbers are long gone. It was always a long shot expecting them to have any or being able to trace them, i just thought it was worth a shot.

My dad raced 911's over here in the UK in the 80's & 90's, and a good amount of the grid were made up of stolen cars. Frequently the police raided the paddock, and snatched race cars. So a good chance these shells fall into this category. But without the VIN numbers i guess it can't be proved either way. I hope i can find new homes for the three shells, i guess they will have to stay being used for motorsport use.

Thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated. If anyone has any other ideas of areas of year specific things i can go check, just to help identify the years it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Will

Some of the shells look relatively intact - shouldn't there be some numbers in the area of the smuggler's box that are still able to be read?

Willchapell1's been off the board for 2 years, but . . .

. . . any üpdate?

Really curious if anything happened over on DDK with this

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    I think I'd start an Art project sth like that or a coffe table
    Attachment 419482
    Alfasud post ended up wrongly here.
    member 2971 Jacques
    911 March 1965
    912 April 1965
    911 May 1965
    964 RS clone (one of many)
    964 Targa original Dutch police car (one of 45)
    964 Turbo 3.6 (one of 1450)
    993 S Vesuvio (one of 250)