Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2.2 decal for rear window...anyone make the original type?

2.2 decal for rear window...anyone make the original type?

In looking at Stoddard and AASE, both are offering a silver with red letter decal that looks nothing like my original one from my 70-S. Is anyone offering a more correct version? Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

FYI Porsche still sells these p/n# 911 107 102 00

I bought one from Car Bone. Looks good to me.

Mac

the original was in a tangerine-ish colour but the majority of the replicas including Porsche's own are in a ruby red colour
    it depends if you have a show car and how picky you want to be
    good luck !

cheers
    Dennis
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

Thank you all for your suggestions - greatly appreciated.

Hello mac73s . Is the picture in the first post of your "original decal " . It is not an original decal . The clear backing of the original decals followed the outline of the engine .Name:  RS #838 074.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  66.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Richy View Post
    Hello mac73s . Is the picture in the first post of your "original decal " . It is not an original decal . The clear backing of the original decals followed the outline of the engine .Name:  RS #838 074.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  66.9 KB
    Thank you for your thoughts and photo, and what you are showing is certainly what I am looking for if you have a source. I had no reason to believe the photo of mine was anything other than original particularly given its 'patina' and everything else I know about the car and its ownership history. I suppose too that like many parts, PORSCHE likely used different suppliers for decals. Is what you are showing in your photo available for purchase? Thank you.

Here is a listing for a copy of an original 2.2 decal. The originals were a water transfer slide decal as are these. These are to only exact copy on the market and they did follow the shape of the motor. A car with 7000 miles with an original decal was used to reproduce this one.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reproduction...gAAOSwj85YOd30

Quote Originally Posted by R911 View Post
    Here is a listing for a copy of an original 2.2 decal. The originals were a water transfer slide decal as are these. These are to only exact copy on the market and they did follow the shape of the motor. A car with 7000 miles with an original decal was used to reproduce this one.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reproduction...gAAOSwj85YOd30
    The color is off on those the 2.2 is too red.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!