Thread: Door Lock Assembly Part Number - 1973

Door Lock Assembly Part Number - 1973

I'm trying to source a set of used door lock assemblies for my LHD 73T project.

Does anyone know the original part numbers as well the new superseded part numbers? I can't seem to decipher the catalog - as it lists many different numbers. The art in reference is POS 1 in the below image.

Thanks!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 12.24.52 PM.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  70.5 KB

You have a 73 car, so you want 73 and up as shown in the "remark" column.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Hi Ed,
    Thanks for the reply. The issue is that, there are a few different PN#s for "73-" in the

911 531 053 04, with the remark "/L"
    911 531 054 05, with the remark "/LL/R"
    911 531 054 04, with the remark "/RL/R"

Then, Pelican recommends this superseding part# "964 531 053 01" - which Stoddard, Aase and others say is "74-."

Sierra Madre only has assemblies for the following year ranges "65-66," "67-69," "70-72," and "74-86" (note: none contain '73)

'73 seems to be a tricky year to pin down part numbers...

LL=Linkslenker=LHD
    RL=Rechtslenker=RHD
    L=left side of the car
    R=right side of the car(LL/R=LHD passenger side)

Thanks Dirk.

So, it seems like I'd need for my LHD car:
    911 531 053 04 (L)
    911 531 054 05 (LL/R)

Now, just need to sort out whether the 964* part will also work to expand my search options.

Thank you!

my paper parts book shows you would need the 04, I read it as 05 is right hand drive
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Hi Ed,

I appreciate the help on this. My screenshot (and reference numbers) were taken from the Porsche Classic Genuine Parts Catalog found here: http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf...73_KATALOG.pdf

Does your book show differently than the image in the first post?

Thanks again,
    S

This is why I like to use the old paper parts book. First it has a version number, in this case version 2 which is 73 (its a 72-73 parts book) then it has right /left differentiation, and it also has a column showing whether it is for right/left hand drive, or if not shown it doesn't matter. For some reason only the right side lock is shown to matter as to drive side, that's the 05 suffix. As to the 964,,,don't know,,,never had to try it,,,plenty of correct ones around.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

73 911s are kind of confusing. You need some of the parts that are "73 only" and they can be mated with 73 and later locks. I can help you with what you need. Do you have nothing at all? It would be best to call me at 510-653-3279 and we can figure out how to proceed.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim (and Ed). I'll be in touch.