Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1972 911 Sales Folder Brochure

FS: 1972 911 Sales Folder Brochure

1972 911 Sales Folder Brochure

Nice condition on the 1972 S USA Brochure, 100;. USD + shipping and pay/pal fee. location Europe, Shiping registsd normal mail 5-8 USD.

IMG_2423.jpgIMG_2424.jpgIMG_2425.jpg

Thanks

For your info, this is the 1973 version.
    1972 version has a yellow car on its cover, 1973 has above pictured purple one.

Last page of 1973 version shows 4 cars, far left is the proto 2.7S which later was rebadged as 2.7RS.
    Registry member No.773

Hi Mikael/ Karim, At risk of hijacking thread, albeit giving Mikael's sale a bump... There is a different less commonly seen variant of this 73 brochure produced afaik for the British market also in English-language but with different wording -- for example the headline sentence is different and has "re" spelling of "litre" as used over here. (Other languages were available).

image.jpg

Rather like the large format luxury brochures from around that time there are different variants of the same picture and interestingly different words. Phrases used in America like "turnpike cruising" are not used in this variant. Printed different times maybe, but the editorial style is suggestive of a British English variant for different market/s. Clearly the many changes go beyond superficial colour photo changes, a point I discussed previously with Charlie.

image.jpg

GLWTS

Steve

(P.s. Comments here for info my items are not for sale)
    Last edited by 911MRP; 05-07-2017 at 01:20 PM.

that is interesting. I have the litre spelling and I thought that was a proto 2.7RS in the picture
    early S registry # 2596

I have both variants of the related larger format luxury brochure and noticed the same kind of thing is going on. Two variants written in English. They too have a very marked difference in the phrasing of the English text used when looked at from the perspective of how language is used both sides of "the pond". The company contact details are different as are some photos but editorial changes when compared, suggests that a reprint is possibly too simplistic explanation. Likely there are country market nuances behind this. Bit odd how some photos appear exactly the same but the car exterior and interior colours are different. I'm certainly no graphics guy but was that easy in 73?

Possibly ought to have started a different thread about these observations ...unless these comments (bumps) actually help Mikael's listing ?
    Last edited by 911MRP; 05-07-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Yes of course, UK market (incl Asia/Australia/SouthAfrica/Kenya etc) and US market version.
    In 1973, literature was much streamlined, essentially just the "luxury" white brochure, above "purple" car fold-out as well as the RS brochure.
    1972 was more diverse, with US market literature printed independant of UK/Euro markets.

Yellow car was indeed the planned "top of the line" 2.7S including its 2.7 badge (car still exists) and later rebadged as 2.7RS. While indeed its a 2.7RS prototyp and as Ludvigsen writes, those cars were planned initially as 2.7S models, pic was taken in Spring 1972.
    Registry member No.773

Hi Gents,

I agree, It is a 1973! Clearly interesting did not notis that the RS prototyp is on the back, makes it a bit extra cool!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Berg View Post
    Hi Gents,
    Clearly interesting did not notis that the RS prototyp is on the back, makes it a bit extra cool!
    Thanks
    2.7S is pictured in all 73 brochures, nothing special and imo yours is offered on a rather high price, can be found for half the price on ebay
    Last edited by 911T1971; 05-08-2017 at 08:55 AM.
    Registry member No.773

Wait, wait - I do not claim to be an amateur grammarian or even a linguist of any kind but, am I the only one to notice the word "dicatated" used in the brochure? I have yet to find any referenced use of that word form using our very modern search engine conveniences. Is that actually a speling error for the german/english translation of the period? {apologies for the thread redirection}
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    - Mark Z

ESR #2450
    http://letter26.blogspot.com/

No full stop (period) between the sentences. Probably translated at a time when English grammar education was going to pot in the early 70s.

A postage stamp with misprint/ typo it would be worth 000s