Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1969-73 Leather Rear Seats?

1969-73 Leather Rear Seats?

I cannot remember... were the rear seats in a 69-73 911 Coupe ever upholstered in leather? If an early car had leather seats in the front, were the rears also leather with matching details (perforations, pepita, basketweave, etc.)? If leather and matching grains, etc. ever existed, would you please let me know and post pictures? Thanks!

I don't know about the standard leather option for certain. I once owned a 72S with leather on the back seats from the factory; a factory executive car built for Jack Cook. Jack was president of US Porsche/ Audi at the time. That's all I know. Could have been a special thing.
    Last edited by steve shea; 05-06-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Thanks for that. Being an executive car, I guess anything was possible. It just occurred to me that I never *noticed* leather rear seats in any 69-73 911, whether the car had leather in the front or not. Now I am also wondering if the door cards and rear panels were also leather, or if that was always the typical vinyl. Any info would certainly be appreciated.

My 69 S had leather seats front and rear and the door panels were leather too.
    1969 911S Targa
    1970 911S Coupe
    1973 911T w 3.2
    1972 Alfa GTV 2000

Thanks. How about the rear quarters, parcel tray, etc.? Do you have any pictures?

member #1515
    My 71 was full leather interior, everything was leather, package shelf, sides, rear seats, seat backs, dash, etc.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

My all original 69 E targa has the leather option but the rear seats sure feel like vinyl to me...
    I just looked at the original sales invoice and is says 9239 standerd seats in gen. Leather. Jim

Thanks! Very interesting. What's also interesting is that I never noticed this aspect of these cars, which I've been immersed in for many years. Has anyone ever seen stock leather rear seats, parcel shelf, quarters, etc., for sale? I can't say I ever have, but now I'd really like to find them. Any leads would be appreciated.

Just to follow up with my old Factory Exec car; Dash, A and B pillars as well as the door pockets, cards and quarters all leather.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    My 1972S has leather sports seats, leather rear seats, leather parcel shelf, but door cards and side panels are covered in vinyl. Car is original, I am second owner, custodian for the past 22 years.
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306