Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 1970 2.2L S Engine long block.

FS: 1970 2.2L S Engine long block.

New Price.

Hi guys,
    Up for sale is a 1970 2.2L S engine long block in great running condition. I am selling the long block with distributor only.
    This youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whJkwd4RO9E will take you to a recently made (April 29, 2017) 15 minute video. Sorry the video is not too entertaining but it does show the engine running, serial number, and the car driving. The engine is installed in a 914-6 conversion I purchased in October 2015. I am having a 3.0L engine installed in the car and so I am selling the 2.2L. This is a type 911-02 engine with serial # 6301335. The engine has good compression and one very small oil leak. It is being removed this week by a very wellknown and reputable professional shop who is available to answer questions. If you want to talk with the mechanic doing the work I can give his number, but please only really interested parties call the shop as they do have to work after all.

New asking price is $24,000 plus actual shipping or you can pick it up.

This is a strong running engine, it is plug-n-play after you add the peripheral parts. It is located in Florida, Daytona Beach area and I can put the engine on a pallet for shipping.
    Thanks,
    Bill.

Hi guys, here is some additional information about the engine that I found from when I purchased the car. This information was given to me by the previous owner.
    2.2L S engine.
    Case: Aligned bored, squinters installed shuffle pinned, time certs.
    New chains/ramps/bearings.
    New rings.
    Crank turned and drilled for oiling.
    Flywheel turned and balanced.

More information.
    Someone had asked for the part number on the distributor and so here it is: Bosh 0 231 159 006. I should also have the leak down numbers on Monday.

5-31-2017. Finally am back in the US and have additional information that was requested by a few interested individuals. Here are the leak down numbers that were read with cold engine (it is already out of the car) at room temp. Engine at running temperature would have better numbers. Spark plugs nice and clean.
    1 - 9%.
    2 - 10%.
    3 - 12%.
    4 - 8%.
    5 - 12%.
    6 - 12%.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by daytona; 09-10-2017 at 07:43 PM. Reason: revised price

Weekend bump.
    This is a strong running engine that up to about a week ago was in a running driving car. Strong running with no issues.
    I will consider reasonable offers. If you have any questions you can contact me by e-mail at cebotech1@yahoo.com.
    Bill.

Banned
    Hello Bill.

Just curious how you came up with your price?

Thanks.

Hi Frank,
    I spoke with people that know more than me and also checked the asking prices here and on Pelican. I saw several engines that had been sitting for years and requiring rebuild selling in the $20K+ range. The engine I am selling does not need rebuilding. It is a very strong running engine. Other than the peripheral parts, it is plug and play. As I mentioned in my previous post; I will consider a reasonable offer.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by daytona View Post
    ....it is plug-n-play after you add the peripheral parts....
    You mean, like the MFI?
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Maybe 28.000 for a 911/02 engine missing the original MFI parts is a bit high. It will cost at least 6.000-7.000 to put the MFI back on I think.

I have been running the engine with Webers.

I couldn't help but notice in the ads here and on Pelican that there is no mileage listed. "A very strong running engine" may have 150K miles on it. If it's a TMU engine, shouldn't you say so?

And it also seems like a stretch to advertise a long block as "plug and play." I don't mean to be pedantic, but a long block is precisely the opposite of plug and play. It cannot be plugged in and played yet, because it is missing numerous important and expensive parts.
    1970 911T Targa

I would personally wait with pulling the engine out of the car until you have it sold. Now an interested buyer can feel and drive it. Once it is on a pallet it is all 'from what i was told'. You will be looking at that pallet for a very long time. And +1 on what was stated above, with everything included, including the 2.2S MFI, it is a pretty valuable engine. As a long block you may be a bit on the high side, but if this is someones long lost matching engine who knows. Free to whatever you want to ask .

~J~
    air cooled only

Hi Churchill and Jules,
    Thanks for your comments.
    If you read my post you will notice that I do say plug and play with your peripheral accessories. I was running the engine on webers and will transfer many of the parts to my 3.0L engine. What I meant by plug and play is that this is not an engine that has been sitting around for years unused and now needs a rebuild prior to installing in a car. It was just removed from a running and driving car this morning There is nothing to do but install your parts, put it in the car and drive.
    According to a previous owner, the engine was rebuilt in early 2000s. I have no real way of knowing how many miles were put on it before I purchased the car. All I can say is from personal experience driving the car. It runs smooth and very strong.
    About two months ago I posted an ad to gauge interest and asking if someone was interested in driving the car before the engine was removed, and if they wanted to see photos or video of any particular item. The moderators here either removed or did not allow the post because it did not have an asking price. However, the ad did appear in the Pelican. Going back to my original post here you can see that there is a link to a video so you can see the engine running and driving, but no more chances to drive the car now.
    The very reputable (and well known locally by PCA members) shop doing the engine swap is available to answer questions about the engine to interested parties. Contact me by email at cebotech1@yahoo.com and I will share the phone number.
    Any other questions just ask.
    Bill.