Thread: Slate grey Special: Cibie hood lights set (repro) + covers

Slate grey Special: Cibie hood lights set (repro) + covers

This is a set of very good repro cibié Hood lights that Pelican used to sell...

I had them painted for my slate grey car (based on a good color card from a board member) but never found the time nor had the guts to install them before actually selling the car! They are NEW, not a scratch or anything, clean rubber, never used even once...and slate grey backing.

I figured a slate grey owner would enjoy not having to send them for paint ($$$) and saving some money (paint and shipping + covers, at least). For a non-slate grey owner, that makes a lot less sense I imagine ;-)

The Martini covers are thrown in for free ($109 each!!!) ... they are SMC units that are made for those lights and fit great, but honestly the Martini logo is not painted but is a Vinyl stick-on thing - semi-disappointing up close and one has a slight brownish spot acquired in storage(?) but from 3 ft away they're cool... The lights are mounted with 4 adjuster screws, 3 are present on the ring and one - for some reason - comes separately in the plastic bag you see below with the rubber sleeve. I'm passing all the parts along that this came with...

$800 for the lot including shipping in the CONUS (via USPS normal donkey speed - if you want extra that's on you ;-)

PS: the metal backing plates are painted slate as well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Wow thing go very quickly to page 6 ;-)
    Bump for price drop to $700 w/everything.... if nobody wants them I'm repainting them white for my remaining car ;-)
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Thumbs up

Nice set! GLWTS

Well it's gonna take the one guy with a slate car that wants to drill his precious hood, and knows it costs $ to paint them, and doesn't hate the Martini covers... then it's a pretty good deal ! Otherwise, meh. My target market is very small... But I suppose I could repaint them white and use them on my last 911...
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002