Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ship Out down to New Zealand for a road trip.

Ship Out down to New Zealand for a road trip.

Hi all,

I am asking if there is /would be any interest in members bringing there "puppies" down 'Under' for a cruise around my country.

Arrangements can be made regarding transport of the cars provided no free loaders, ie snakes scorpions spiders and grass seeds,

If I get some feed back I can work on this as it would be fantastic to have some of you enjoying NZ.

I take my country for granted

Mark

curious as to what something like that might cost?
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436

I was in your beautiful country last year. Amazing place.

I'd be game. After the success of our Italian adventure a couple years back, I'm sure I could talk the wife into escaping to NZ for another installment.

I'd love to go back as I was just in elementary school when I went there and I'd get much more enjoyment this time, especially with the car there. Unfortunately I don't think I would be able to round up the funds.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Quote Originally Posted by keith View Post
    . . . curious as to what something like that might cost? . . .

. . . ditto

We Can Be Heroes

I'd go in a heart beat.

Me too , I don't have so far to come.... as I'm only just across the ditch..... but I know it's also a very expensive piece of water to cross.

Justin

I was down there in Nov 1975 as a young Assistant Engineer on a Polar Icebreaker headed to McMurdo, Antarctica. Stopped to refuel at Lyttleton/Christ Church and spent 5 days on South Island driving around into the Alpine scenery. Back then the Public Houses opened at 4 PM and closed by 9 PM.

2nd visit for 2 weeks was as a young Consultant Marine Engineer conducting a ship survey on behalf of Union Steamship Group, NZ, based in Wellington on North Island.

That is one Beautiful country and well worth visiting.

P.S. I hear the Fishing is pretty darn good also. Shipping cars could be arranged via container vans.

Marvel in SW Montana
    Retired w/ '68 912

Little souviner from my visit last year.

Name:  045c.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  180.0 KB

Hi all and thanks for the responses to my post.
    I understand the fear of the costs in doing a trip like this so I have approached my shipping agent here in NZ who is partnered in with CFR Rinkens in LA.
    Per vehicle shipping costs are around this
    LA to Auckland NZ $1350 USD + NZ Customs inspection and fumigation fee $700 USD
    The return trip is the same however I do not know the US Customs fees but have been told they are similar.
    For those in Australia, ( Justin ) its about $1750 AUD eachway.
    These are the estimate prices per car however both CFR Rinkens and my agents ExtremeGlobal are interested in a sponsorship deal which would cut this cost dramatically if we can pull enough members to the party and ship down a decent number of cars.
    This will be Member driven, If the numbers get up I can begin to put the wheels in motion for a tour plan that would be based on what suits us all.
    Re the exporting and returning of the cars,,, they would all be coming on the same vessel and returning all together.
    My agent here will provide secure warehouse storage for the cars upon arrival and prior to he return trip home and for the period in between for anyone who may want to depart early.
    I personally feel that FEB March April offers the best weather period
    I shall leave here and see what feed back I get.
    Kind regards
    Mark
    ps The fishing is insane Marvel and will be included in the tour.