Thread: WTB: 901 Gears

WTB: 901 Gears

Looking to shorten up 3rd , 4th and 5th on my 911/01 box with serviceable used gears.
    ( Have an F second gear to use)

M 3rd 22:29
    S 4th 25:26
    Y 5th 28:23

Rob

The best ratios I have used is F, K,or KA,Q,V. With those gears,the gear box fits most of the racing tracks all over here with 60 series tires and is just fine for the street. It eliminates the big drop between 2nd and 3rd gear.Yur car will feel like a night and day. The gears are not that hard to get in US or Canada. I have them,if you Want them.Frankie.

Frankie

I have F K Q V in my race car, but am considering F M S Y for my road car when I re build the box.

Rob

Hi Rob. The gears you want are in all early 911S std ratios MSX. I dont know about Y. I am sure there are plenty of them around,I have most of them. The gears you want are pretty tall,you might be dissapoited with the result,but it is your choise. Regards Frankie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Looking to shorten up 3rd , 4th and 5th on my 911/01 box with serviceable used gears.
    (Have an F second gear to use)... M 3rd 22:29... S 4th 25:26... Y 5th 28:23...
    Rob, you can flip the 23:28 "O" 3rd gear from your 911/01 and put it in 5th position, making it 28:23. It will change the direction of the helix, but it's never a problem.
    Original "Y" 5th gears were mainly used in 65/66, are not common and not inexpensive.
    The gears "M" 3rd and "S" 4th are very common, as they were used in most later SWB 5-speeds including 912s.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

... In fact, you should have a 29:22 "ZA" 5th gear in your 911/01, which you can flip and put in 3rd position, making it 22:29.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

John

Did not realize that I could flip 3rd and 5th. Guess I am only looking for an S for 4th now.

Rob

I have F K Q V in my race car, but am considering F M S Y for my road car when I re build the box.
    Did not realize that I could flip 3rd and 5th. Guess I am only looking for an S for 4th now.
    Rob, the "K" 3rd gear in your race car is most likely a flipped 31:22 "ZD" 5th gear from a 914.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA