Thread: Light Gray Headliner

Light Gray Headliner

Here it is 2017 and none of the "award winning" Porsche interior manufacturers have yet to offer a proper headliner for 356 or swb 911 in light gray. Are the award bestowing concours judges BLIND?
    Last edited by 66S; 06-15-2017 at 04:42 AM.

Would be nice to get one... i need one very soon... but there doesn't seem to be anything really perfect available!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Just try looking for a headliner for a 68S with elephant hide interior and a Golde sunroof !
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

Still looking myself. I have one in right color and hole pattern from Perfect Fit (remember them!) only to have it made in the wrong pattern (one section between bows is too short). "Perfect Fit" not so perfect! And from Autobahn I have one made in right pattern, but it's tan.
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

Gahh Automotive

By the yard:

Technical Specs
    Item #: 122-99-10200-34
    Shipping Weight: 3 lbs.
    Material Type: Headliner
    Material Color: 34 Gray
    Application Notes: German Vinyl is the original heavy vinyl. It has the same appearance as the cloth used in sedans.

Or look at the 1966 911 Porsche Headliners:
    #34 Gray

Ask for perf sample or verify that they are using the material above.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Good info, thanks Bob
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

That's the one I just installed in my 67S and it looks very good. GAHH quality is excellent.

I have an account with them if anyone wants to purchase.
    '67 911S
    '69 911S
    '70 911ST
    '73 911T Targa Signal Yellow
    '78 911SC backdate EFI 3.4 turbo
    '11 Spyder
    Early S#1097, R-gruppe #

My lyin eyes say the gahh headliner is too grainy, like a beetle headliner. For that kind of money Id expect a better match. As of now I still plan on paintimg my ivory headliner gray.