Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zenith TIN40 (Missing part?)

Zenith TIN40 (Missing part?)

I have Zeniths on my 66 911. During a carb clean i discovered a threaded hole next to Idle Jet / Air bleed? This is located only on the center barrel near top and is connected to a mini jet in the base of the center float bowl confirmed via carbcleaner / air ect. I see in photos of restored zeniths that this port has a screwed plug or jet i seem to be missing this on BOTH carbs. IF i need to reinstall i have no idea what is to be installed. The car did run but im baffled on this black carburetor art.

Thanks Chuck

Reassembled and running??? Very odd.... Every photo ive seen shows a screw here. I beleive its the auxillary mixture control screw shown on page 58 noted as (2)
    (Pages referenced are from Suggate)

Quote Originally Posted by cparsons View Post
    I have Zeniths on my 66 911. During a carb clean i discovered a threaded hole next to Idle Jet / Air bleed? This is located only on the center barrel near top and is connected to a mini jet in the base of the center float bowl confirmed via carbcleaner / air ect. I see in photos of restored zeniths that this port has a screwed plug or jet i seem to be missing this on BOTH carbs. IF i need to reinstall i have no idea what is to be installed. The car did run but im baffled on this black carburetor art.

Thanks Chuck
    Photo please!

Stand by on photo

Name:  20170601_182945.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  72.2 KB

Photos of zeniths without screw as found and as it runs but seems wrong based on passage connections and photos of other carbs?Name:  20170601_182936.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  70.7 KB

They miss a screw for regulating the enrichment circuit.
    Probably your circuit has been deactivated, this is a common practice becaus solenoid electical valve usually do not work.
    Probably the rebuilder just leave the circuit for cosmetic reasons.
    You should try it to see, or at least you can open the enrichment circuit to see if passages are blocked.

Those images are from car maual, excuse for posting images in italian language
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I had some spare time to do research for you.
    You have to search for part 911 100 923 01 (it's available from Porsche and actually it costs about 5,30€)

Thanks!!! I will put some in and see what difference it makes. I do belive that the passages are still "working" as during cleaning i was able to pass air to bottom of middle bowl and elsewhere.
    Chuck 1966 911

Just found that the vacuum lines are all plugged with hidden screws. Would this be the deactivating of the enrichment circuit? This would start to make sense. Does anyone suggest keeping the enrichment circuit bypassed?
    Chuck 1966 911

Quote Originally Posted by cparsons View Post
    Just found that the vacuum lines are all plugged with hidden screws. Would this be the deactivating of the enrichment circuit? This would start to make sense. Does anyone suggest keeping the enrichment circuit bypassed?
    Keep the enrichment circuit bypassed because it strongly rely on solenoid valve ... and this valve often fail after 40 years.
    Also enrichment circuit is a common source of problems.
    I suggest keeping the circuit plugged just for cosmetic reasons.